Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Chord?

Been watching a lot of Glee and I like Chord Overstreet.
    Is this name too out there?
    Planning for baby... TTC... Big name lover and will ask a lot of questions about names!

It appears feminized from Cord.

I like Chord. I have taken piano off and on since I was five, and I still love it. I love the idea of incorporating music into someone's name, and I find Chord really wearable, actually (with the exception of possibly being too tied to Chord Overstreet!). There's a little boy in my church named Cordell--I think you could probably get away with Cordell (or another Cord- name) with the nn Chord. I think Cordelia nn Chord might be pretty amazing, too, although I'm guessing you prefer Chord on a boy...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I like Chord as a nn for a different name, but not by itself. My main reason isn't bc of the sound of 'Chord', but instead because it's so closely tied to one kind of person. A Chord should be musically talented... after all, his name is Chord. So then what if he is tone-deaf? Then it's an awkward and ironic name.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Sorry, but I think it's awful. I get the feeling most people would imagine it spelled as Cord when they heard it. It works about as well as a name as would Note, Rest, Beat, or Bar.... not very nice sounding at all.