Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zephne

Zephne

I found the name Zephne on an other site (babynames.com) and i really love it. It is of greek orgin and the meaning is "God Was Hidden" (according to the site.) Though i'm not sure if i would have the guts to use it.

What do you other berries think of Zephne?
    Name obsessed. Simple as that.

Favorite names for girls RIGHT NOW

Audrey.Beatrix.Charlotte.Daphne.Elizabeth.Frances. Gemma.Hazel.Isabella.Jane.Katarina.Lykke.
    Miriam.Naomi.Olivia.Phoebe.Rebecca.Sienna.Tindra.V ivienne.Willow.Xenia

Favorite names for boys RIGHT NOW

August.Benjamin.Caleb.Daniel.Emmett.Fredrik.George .Henry.Isaiah.James.Kai.Lucas.Maximilian.
    Noah.Oliver.Patrick.Ronan.Sebastian.Theodore.Vince nt.William.Xavier

I think it's rather pretty. A little bit Zephyr, a little bit Daphne means its sounds are reasonably familiar. I'm rolling it about in my head and liking it more and more.

I hate to ruin the name for you but as a Greek (half anyway) who speaks the language, I've never heard of it. "God was hidden" in Greek is "O Theós krýfti̱ke" and neither the root words for God nor for Hidden are in Zephne. It's like just a smush name of Zephyr and Daphne as tuitree mentioned it sounded like.

I do, however, think if it's just a made-up name or something, it's not that bad. It's got an interesting sound and the Z everyone loves. Pretending like it's a mix of Zephyr and Daphne, Zephyr is the west wind and Daphne was a nymph who became a laurel tree so it's all naturey. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I don't like it as much as I like Zephirine or Xanthe. Zephirine is a feminization of Zephyr, and there's a variety of scented, thornless rose called 'Zephirine Drouhin' that I'm fond of.

It kind of looks made-up, and it sounds like the name "Stephanie" said slurred together for some reason. it has a nice meaning, and I'm personally not a fan of Daphne either, so maybe it would work for you but not for me.