Names Searched Right Now:

Question To save or not to save?

I have a question for you all...

My current name list is quite short now, and I am having twins so twice as many names will go at once, as I want to use a middle name. But, I don't know whether to 'use up' some of my other favourite names as middles, or save them for future children, because we do intend to have more.

Example: I love Arthur and Emmett, but I also quite like Florian. Should I go for Arthur Emmett because I prefer Emmett to Florian, or should I save Emmett for another son? Because I really feel it deserved a first name spot.

???

I would reserve your favorites for a first name position. I look at it like this: a middle name is hardly used out loud, so wouldn't you put the name you really love out front? Plus, you're having on having more children, so you'll have other opportunities to use those names. If you weren't planning on having anymore, then I'd say go ahead and 'use them up'.

Quote Originally Posted by babtr1ll View Post
    I have a question for you all...

My current name list is quite short now, and I am having twins so twice as many names will go at once, as I want to use a middle name. But, I don't know whether to 'use up' some of my other favourite names as middles, or save them for future children, because we do intend to have more.

Example: I love Arthur and Emmett, but I also quite like Florian. Should I go for Arthur Emmett because I prefer Emmett to Florian, or should I save Emmett for another son? Because I really feel it deserved a first name spot.

???
    Hmm...
    Your having twins do you know whether they are both boys? If you are expecting twin boys why don't you use Emmett for one boy and Arthur for another. Thus you'd have both your favourite names and you wouldn't have the worry of reserving a name for later children. However if your expecting boy/girl or have another perfect combination for the other son I would use Florian as a middle name for Arthur. In all honesty Arthur Florian sounds brilliant together, very handsome whereas Arthur Emmett just sounds so odd, the flow is really difficult and unappealing. I would save Emmett for a son later on in life.

If you're definitely planning on having more, I'd save your favorites for the first names

Thanks, we don't know yet if it's boys or girls, so just keeping our options open. But we've found girls' names easier, so we don't need too much help with those! I do admit, Arthur Florian sounds really good - much better than Arthur Emmett. But I'm a bit stumped because Emmett Wright doesn't sound too good at all, what with the consonant clash... :/