Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on the name Harper ?

Harper to me has many great meanings, firstly it refers to a harp that an angel plays and it is the name of the author of To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee).

I would choose this name for a girl, and her full name would be Harper Rebecca.

When I tell friends about this name choice they often question it. Isn't that a last name? Sounds like a boys name?
    It is a last name but it is unisex and Victoria Beckham's baby girl is named Harper too.

I really do love this name, but I would like to get some other opinions on it. This is most certainly my top name for a girl I would have.
    Future Names:

Girls:
    Harper, Athena, Phoebe, Lola, Violet, Eloise

Boys:
    Cooper, Roman, Leo,

Harper seems to be a very acceptable name for a girl, though it isn't one of my personal favorites. I know of at least two little girl Harpers born in the past year or so. I also love the Harper Lee connection!
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

I think Harper is a nice name. I like it about equally for a boy or a girl. Rebecca grounds the name and gives it a nice vintage feel as a combination.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I think Harper is cute and feisty....but overdone at the moment. Not only is the name for 3 celebrity babies right now...but it is also really popular with the rest of America. Even in Canada (where I live), I've seen it done quite a few times.

I really love all the other names on your girls' list: Harper, Athena, Phoebe, Lola, Violet, Eloise.

I just don't feel like Harper really fits, it's a bit trendier. I could definitely see Athena & Phoebe as sisters or Lola, Violet, & Eloise, but Harper doesn't seem to work with the others.