Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Amelie?

My mom and I were talking about Greece today, and she mentioned that her cousin, Angela, goes by Amelia (in Greek it is pronounce AH-me-leah) because in the church you have to go by your baptismal name, which has to be the name of a saint. I think that's what it is. So, I started thinking about Amelie, as it sounds like Ah-me-leah. What are your thoughts on Amelie? I'm a bit worried about pronunciation as I grew up with an unpronounceable name. Do you think the average person would be able to pronounce it right? Do you prefer Amelia, (normal pronunciation)?
    Thanks!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

My daughter is an Amelie and we pronounce it Ah-meh-lee, which is the only legit pn, as far a I'm away. I love her name and we have little/no pn issues. People have accidentally called her Amelia upon meeting her but when corrected we've rarely had a problem.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I think Amelie is more stylish than Amelia and far less popular. I don't think people will have pronunciation troubles with it.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl RamonaTheodoraEmmeline Twila Phoebe
    Atlas Rupert Otis Grover Casimir Nathaniel Ignatius Robin

Amelie is a gorgeous name and I don't think they will be many pronunciation problems.

" She is a mess of gorgeous chaos & you can see it in her eyes "

A teen trying to create something new for her , dark , mad and totally unpleasant .

Cordelia ~ Ariadne ~ Psyche ~ Ophelia ~ Elektra ~ Persephone ~ Andromeda .
    Prometheus ~ Lykon ~ Hades ~ Orpheus.

I really like the name Amelie, I don't think people would pronounce it wrong as there are popular names in the UK with the same ending such as Emily and people pronounce them fine.
    Anastasia / Cora / Rosie / Beatrice / Ellexandréa
    James / Ryan / William / Thomas / Henry