Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Gwendolyn

Hello Berries! I have a bit of a naming conundrum. If baby #3 is a girl, I would love to honor my Grandma Gwen (we call her GG) by using her name. The problem, for me, is that Gwendolyn is about as far from my personal naming style as you can get. My daughters both have unisex/non-frilly names. They do however have girlier middles. I just cant seem to find a name combo that a)is in keeping with my daughter's names and b) flows with my last name, Kenison. Any suggestions?

I am open to all opinions!
    SAHM to Noa Olivia and Rorie Elizabeth

<3 Wren Felicity, Ezri Victoria, Stella Camille <3
    <3 Boston Charles, Wilder Davis & Ezra Charles <3

What about another Gwen name, like Gwyneth, or just Gwen? Also, Gwendolen is the original spelling, maybe it will appeal to you more without the y?

I think my main issue with Gwendolyn is the rhyming ending with my last. My husbands family has an accent that makes the -son ending sound like -syn. So maybe using a different Gwen name WOULD be best.
    SAHM to Noa Olivia and Rorie Elizabeth

<3 Wren Felicity, Ezri Victoria, Stella Camille <3
    <3 Boston Charles, Wilder Davis & Ezra Charles <3

Yeah, the 3-3 rhythm on top of an -n ending is going to make the rhythm a little weird. I think Gwen or Gwyn is fine with your last name though (Gwyn maybe better than Gwen because of Ken), goes with the other girls, and still honors grandma.

What about Gwendolyn or a Gwen name as a middle too?

Ooh also since you call her GG...I am loving Grier/Greer with your other girls' names (Noa, Rorie, Greer). Greer Gwendolyn (or Greer Gwyneth) is pretty alliteration that works, to me.