Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelxoxo View Post
    I personally don't think you should change your name.
    My thoughts exactly. You will always have the "I used to be BreAnna" hanging over your head. And the "I'm actually BreAnna not (fill in name here)
    Last edited by yolo199; July 19th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
    -Alexis-
    teen berry

Yea I do not think you should change it either. I see a name as almost something special. And you grew up with it, its what your parents decided to name you when they first saw your little face. Its what they chose and called you when they first held you. Its almost sacred. I know you may not like it but I do not think you should change it. Maybe use a nickname that isn't an obvious one?
    TTC Baby #1

I don't think anyone should go through life hating their name so I think you should go for it! From your choices I like Penelope. Beatrice is also nice but I have never responded to it for some reason. I don't really care for Prudence. I think when you are changing your name rather then naming an infant different rules apply. I think you need to feel it suits you and you can see yourself being called by that name so I don't really think that other people's input is as relevant in your situation. I would suggest you try them on in your head and see which you feel represents you the best. I also think because you will probably get some negative feedback about changing your name as with the above posters you should not choose something that it too unusual which none of your choices are with the possible exception of Prudence. Good luck to you!
    Andie - John,Thomas,Isla,Freya,Marigold

I love Prudence Atlas Rose. Gorgeous.

Beatrice Emerson Rene would be nice, as Beatrice "Bea" sort of reminds me of BreAnna... it has some of the original letters and you could even ease people into the transition by asking them to call you "Bea". It would make sense as a nn for BreAnna. If people think Beatrice is old-fashioned, why not ask how they feel about Beatrix instead? The x might modernize it a bit for some opinions.

I think if you've really disliked your name for this long then you should change it. Why keep something that makes you unhappy just because of how other people feel about it? Choose something that you love and makes sense to your personality, there will be times when you will have to explain that your name used to be BreAnna (like in job applications etc) but people will either understand or get over it. Good luck!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Guinevere · Vivian · Florence · Lilleba · Beatrix
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Lester · Whitney

Actually, I think Beatrice and Rose sounds even more girly than Michele. I second Beatrix though.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias