Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I actually have no problem with the idea of push present. How different it is from an engagement ring? I mean a guy shells out a $3,000 ring just so you marry him. Women have come to expect that. What's so wrong with a gift for pushing out a baby? It's the same thing imo....

Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't plan on ever giving birth.
    Last edited by catloverd; July 19th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I didn't mean to come off judgmental at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with a man wanting to give his wife something lovely to commemorate the birth of the child. It's the idea of circling jewellery in a catalogue and of it being marketed as "the thing" to do that puts me off. Frankly, the person I knew that discussed this runs in a circle where everyone is very materialistic, so I was a bit shocked, especially as no one else I know has done this. Plus the phrase "push present" just puts me off.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    I didn't mean to come off judgmental at all. I don't think there's anything wrong with a man wanting to give his wife something lovely to commemorate the birth of the child. It's the idea of circling jewellery in a catalogue and of it being marketed as "the thing" to do that puts me off. Frankly, the person I knew that discussed this runs in a circle where everyone is very materialistic, so I was a bit shocked, especially as no one else I know has done this. Plus the phrase "push present" just puts me off.
    I second this. @taz, sorry if you took comments personally..

Mine was in no way a dig a loving husbands who WANT to shower their wives with gifts for delivering their child.. But women who EXPECT it? And the idea that this is becoming a fad? Is disgusting. But I'm in no way lacking in being appreciated by my wonderful husband and I wouldn't be upset if he bought me something to commemorate that occasion nor dislike women who receive gifts. But where's the romance in "hunny, since I'm giving birth to your child, I want a diamond necklace!" Haha

Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

I am actually surprised by all of the negative responses to this. In no way do I see anything wrong with a husband getting a gift for his wife who has dealt with all of the hormonal changes, body changes, discomfort, possibly having to greatly alter her lifestyle, and labor pain all so they could both have a child. I don't think that this means that the woman cares about a present more than the fact that she has a child. And for circling suggestions...maybe her husband needs the hints or flat out suggestions of what to get her. Not every husband knows exactly what kind of jewelry (or whatever) his wife prefers.

Just my opinion, and I hope I don't come off harsh.
    Last edited by corajsb; July 19th, 2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I think people are misreading comments. All "negatives" that ive read were towards the -expectation- of getting a gift for giving birth. Husbands who, without pressure from wives, WANT to give a gift at birth to the mother is a wonderful gesture and in no way a negative thing.

Anywho, I think I would steer my husband towards getting a "welcome to the world" gift for the baby! Wouldn't that be cute? A pendent or necklace for a little girl that she can one day grow in to? Or, at a local jewelry store we saw these cute sterling silver car model keepsakes, adorable for a boy right? can't wait for the day!
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3