Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I've heard of it, and I guess I don't think of it as *that* unusual or greedy, but I wouldn't expect or really want one. People get gifts for other milestones, graduation, marriage, birthdays, etc...and I guess most shower gifts/baby presents are for the baby as opposed to mom.

One of my SO's aunts brought me some jewelry she had made after I delivered our daughter. I thought that was really sweet, since she'd never even met me before. That was the only gift I received that wasn't baby-related.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

My dad got my mum a sapphire and diamond ring when I was born. I don't think it was planned that way though, I feel it was more like, he remembered she'd seen it and liked it and bought it for her and then I happened to arrive around the same time. Their wedding anniversary is four days after my birthday

It fits me now The sapphires and me being born in September was definitely a coincidence though! My dad wouldn't notice that kind of thing, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I think the idea of a necklace with the baby's name or a birthstone ring is really sweet it was my friend's blatant expectation of a ~$1000 sparkle that took me by surprise, in my mind that's money that could go into a really good stroller or a bedroom set, different priorities I guess...

ps maggiefromcanada thanks! I adore the names you've picked
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath

I hope push presents don't become common. I think it is outrageous. The baby being born should be the gift for pushing. I think our culture is too focused on material consumption. Push presents seem as distasteful to me as cutting thanksgiving dinner short to camp out in front of Best Buy to get $5 Blu-Rays at midnight. Family should always matter more than shiny pretty things. This makes me sad.
    ElizabethAlessandraBronwenDylanJamesSilasJoseph

My ideal "push present" (aside from the baby) would be for my husband to be able to breastfeed.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")