Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    I worked at a jewelry store in the past, and I will say lots of men came in buying push presents. Usually baby related things like birthstone jewelry or pandora charms, etc. but once in a while someone would pick out diamond rings and necklaces.. I think if it's related to the baby, like an initial necklace or birthstone or something then its really cute. I have also seen men buy diamonds for their son's future wife's engagement ring as a "push" present although its more for the baby's future. that's an interesting idea but not something I would want to do.
    PREGNANT with our first!!!

My name is Caroline, BeatrixDaisy is just a name I like!

My favorite names:
    Emilia, Beatrix, Juliette, Chloe, Madeline, Audrey, Emerson, Alaina, Felicity, Coralie, Alessandra, Katherine, Lucy, Luna
    Holden, Noah, Nathaniel, Caleb, Cameron, Adam, Calvin, Travis, Ronan, Hudson, James, Paul, Peter, Mason, Troy

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixdaisy View Post
    I worked at a jewelry store in the past, and I will say lots of men came in buying push presents. Usually baby related things like birthstone jewelry or pandora charms, etc. but once in a while someone would pick out diamond rings and necklaces.. I think if it's related to the baby, like an initial necklace or birthstone or something then its really cute. I have also seen men buy diamonds for their son's future wife's engagement ring as a "push" present although its more for the baby's future. that's an interesting idea but not something I would want to do.
    So more a marital 'push' then, interesting idea.

I've never seen this about (but then I never worked in jewellery retail).

There's a string tradition of family providing heirloom rings as engagement rings for sons to propose with, but fathers coming in to provide an upgrade is a bit different!

That said, not every family has (appropriate) heirlooms and the family support seems like a nice idea I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by september View Post
    The purpose of a baby shower is help first time parents get stuff that they will need for the new baby like car seats, diapers, bouncy seat, baby monitor, etc. That's a lot different than a piece of jewelry or some other frivolous gift.
    @pinkballerina- This is what I have to say to your accusations that I'm against baby showers, etc.
    Baby showers and push presents are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by shnnn View Post
    @pinkballerina- This is what I have to say to your accusations that I'm against baby showers, etc.
    Baby showers and push presents are two different things.
    I don't see how. By your logic, one should not need a gift to "push out a baby" (even though that isn't what a push present is), so why should a shower be any different? Shouldn't the parents be able to cover the costs of funding a newborn themselves?

I don't know any woman who demanded a present. I certainly didn't. It was a token of love given to me by my husband to commemorate a new beginning for us. To suggest that a present was required for a woman to birth her children is not only illogical (no one can stop the birthing process, no matter how much they want to), it isn't very nice either.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Call me crazy, but I thought the baby was the push present.