Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    The more I think about it the more I think it's really the name that I have issue with not the gift itself. Something about Push Present sounds so much worse then new baby gift, new mom gift or anything else.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

I have heard of this before, and I think the term 'Push Present' sounds disgusting. I can't say exactly why, but it just rubs me the wrong way. I do think it's sweet of your partner to get a small pendant or ring with sentimental value, but that should be totally up to them and not something expected or demanded. Maybe because I'm not a parent, but I just don't see the point. Isn't the baby enough of a reward?
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]

Quote Originally Posted by pinkballerina View Post
    I feel absolutely the same as you. I found the transition especially hard with my elder daughter. Throughout my pregnancy, there were constant enquiries from friends and family about how I was doing, if there was anything they could do for me, or buy for me, nothing was too much trouble, and so on. I had an extremely difficult labour and delivery and frankly, it knocked me for six. Yet no one cared. It was all about Amelie, and rightly so, our family was besotted. But it was hard when I was in a lot of pain and I was extremely tired, I was inundated with questions about my baby, gifts for my baby, parties to welcome my baby..I just felt like no one cared. Call me a drama queen, I know, its pathetic.

But nothing cheered me up more than my husband walking in the door a week after her birth with a gift he had thoughtfully picked out for ME, not the new mum me, but the me who loved shopping and handbags and it reminded me a little of who I was before the baby took over my life, the part of me my husband knew better than anyone. The thought meant more to me than the actual gift itself, it really did.

I think there's nothing wrong with appreciating a present from a loved one to commemorate the new beginnings a baby brings.
    Oh boy. I'm 4 months pregnant & not ashamed to admit I cried reading this - I remember this exact feeling with my first. And my labour was easy & super fast & I was up and walking the same day. I think especially with your first child it's such a huge transition to make overnight. You're in such a hormonal upheaval. All of a sudden you are so AFRAID that something might happen to that little person, you're afraid you might do something wrong or you might not be good enough - you wake up at every tiny baby sigh, you're trying to learn to bathe them, trying to figure out how to breastfeed them, swaddle them, change them, hold them - it's terrifying. And of course it's exciting and fantastic, and it's freaking exhausting. Everyone - nurses, friends, family, daddy - they're all so focused on the new precious little person that you kind of fade into the background for a while. I mean pregnancy itself can be difficult obviously but nothing can prepare you for the month after birth, how tired and emotional you will be. All I wanted was for a tiny bit of the focus to be on me, while I was learning to cope. Maybe that was selfish, but it was human. I totally understand that for a woman whose 'love language' is gifts, a Push Present would help them to feel valued and cared for during that difficult transition. And lets be honest - some guys need a little direction! I'm not judging anyone for that.

That said, I do think it's a little tacky & childish to be demanding unnecessary ornate items from a magazine.
    New username is @ truenature

i think its sickening.

MEN OWE US NOTHING FOR HAVING CHILDREN. GUESS WHAT??? WE ARE FEMALE. ITS JUST A FACT, WE HAVE THE BABIES.

we consent to the procreation and accept that responsibility. we are not entitled.

we shouldnt lord it over men like its some incredible feat. it pregnancy hard?

well yes, BUT EVERY WOMAN IN HISTORY HAS DONE IT WITH DIGNITY UNTIL NOW.

pregnancy is just the NORM for females, its nothing crazy, its not going above and beyond, its one of our FUNCTIONS - whether our functions are due to religion or evolution. its a part of our life cycle as a species.

this wave of feminism is trying to make women equal to men when we are not, we are apples and oranges.

1 apple will never = 1 orange, 4 apples will never = 1 orange, 1 apple will never = 10 oranges.

i am a firm believer in not rewarding people for simply doing what they are meant to or supposed to do or what is right. especially if they demand reward or whine and pout that they arent getting some disgustingly expensive Tiffany's ring when that money could go to their child's college fund.

if you have to ask for a reward you didnt deserve it in the first place. this behavior makes these women look like spoiled little 4 years throwing tantrums proving they are not mature enough to have children, much less a real mature sexual relationship.

not to mention isnt a child, A WHOLE NEW IRREPLACEABLE HUMAN BEING, reward enough? oh wait, i forgot, most people dont think they are human beings with lives or rights in the first place.

Wow. I'm not the big on the idea, but there's no reason to be disrespectful. I think the people who demand a push present are the exception, not the rule and for most people it's just a fun, sweet idea

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    oh wait, i forgot, most people dont think they are human beings with lives or rights in the first place.
    Also, I know I shouldn't ask, but what in the (expletive) is this supposed to mean?
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah