Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help us expand our boys name list (A sibling for Nirvana)

Hi! I'm new (after lurking for a long time!). I am pregnant with my second child and my C-section is scheduled for next Thursday! We don't know the gender, and we have a 1.5 year old girl called Nirvana Kate, who gets nicknames Niva/Niv most of the time. We like unusual first names (obviously) and short, simple, normal middle names.

Like we did with our daughter, we plan on taking a ton of names with us and deciding after the baby is born and we have spent some time with the baby. We do have favourites, though. For a boy, we're currently liking:

Aberdeen - This is a family name, but we're unsure about nicknames. Deen/Dean is an obvious one which my husband isn't keen on. Would Abe work? The middle name might be Jett, and my husband is keen on the NN AJ.

Winslow - We love the NN Win for this.

Cairo - With the NN Cai/Kai or Ro, possibly.

Some others-
    Sterling
    Lucason
    Dante
    Lorenzo (NN Ren)
    Milan
    Stanford

But we're having trouble imagining us actually using any of these names. my DH says that we'll be sure when we meet him/her but I can't help but think that we'll make the wrong decision so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions! We're not to concerned about having too many names as we had about 30 names on our list for when our daughter was born!

What would you name Nirvana's possible brother? Throw some weird/uncommon ones at us!

EDIT: Forgot to add, the middle name will be either Lewis, Ross, Jett, Neil, Max or Henry.
    Last edited by emilyvm; July 19th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

This is totally not my style, but my goodness I am in love with Aberdeen. It is so handsome and I can totally see it on a little one and a grown man. I think I would be inclined to go with Deen/Dean as the nn, but I do think Abe would work as well. And depending on your last name and how it sounds, I think any of your mn possibilities would work with it.

Winslow is okay, but Cairo is interesting, especially with the nn Cai.

I do really like Lorenzo, but I would suggest Enzo as the nn - so cute!

All the others are no-goes for me... except maybe Dante...

Some suggestions:

Balthazar
    Blaise
    Branson
    Desmond
    Dimitri
    Dominick
    Evander
    Isidore
    Jupiter
    Laurence
    Leonidas nn Leo
    Lucian
    Ludovic
    Lysander
    Rufus
    Thelonious
    Ladies
    Avery Elizabeth Celine ~ Caroline Frances Lucille ~ Clarity Anneliese Kate
    Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra William Beau ~ Julian Samuel John
    Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry

Literary GP Combos
    Charlotte Pemberley Jane ~ Philippa Austen Rose

Wedding first, September 2015 - baby soon after? *fingers crossed*

Thanks! Enzo is our favourite nickname for Lorenzo, we also think it's really cute!

From your suggestions, I love:
    Blaise
    Desmond
    Dimitri
    Evander
    Jupiter
    Leonidas
    Lucian

Thanks so much!

I'm not a fan of Aberdeen because I feel it's too well known. I do really like Nirvana Kate and Sterling Max or Winslow Ross, both are lovely.

Seeing as you have quite a few place names on you list I thought I would suggest some Scottish place names, Harris, Stornaway, Oban (oh-bin), Inverness, Kintyre. I personally think Nirvana and Kintyre would make a lovely sib-set. I found the website with some other Scottish place names and I thought you might want to have a look http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ic_place_names.
    Last edited by cannebella; July 19th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.

I really like Aberdeen as well! Abe, Deen, Bear! all amazing. Aberdeen Lewis is fabulous.

suggestions:
    Raleigh
    Gregor
    Zealand
    Bodhi
    Heathcliff
    Granite
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin