Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    cannebella - Thanks so much! I actually really love Kintyre! I love Stornaway too, I'll be sure to check out that link!

kala_way - I've never thought of Bear as a nickname for Aberdeen, I love it! I love Raleigh, Zealand, Bodhi & Heathcliff from your suggestions!

Oh my gosh, bear is the cutest nn for Aberdeen!!
    I like Cairo with Nirvana too.

Nirvana Kate and:
    Zambia
    Arrow
    Orsen
    O'Shanessy
    Myron / Miro
    Bowden
    Hartley
    Lawson
    Thor

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by emilyvm View Post
    Hi! I'm new (after lurking for a long time!). I am pregnant with my second child and my C-section is scheduled for next Thursday! We don't know the gender, and we have a 1.5 year old girl called Nirvana Kate, who gets nicknames Niva/Niv most of the time. We like unusual first names (obviously) and short, simple, normal middle names.

Like we did with our daughter, we plan on taking a ton of names with us and deciding after the baby is born and we have spent some time with the baby. We do have favourites, though. For a boy, we're currently liking:

Aberdeen - This is a family name, but we're unsure about nicknames. Deen/Dean is an obvious one which my husband isn't keen on. Would Abe work? The middle name might be Jett, and my husband is keen on the NN AJ.

Winslow - We love the NN Win for this.

Cairo - With the NN Cai/Kai or Ro, possibly.

Some others-
    Sterling
    Lucason
    Dante
    Lorenzo (NN Ren)
    Milan
    Stanford

But we're having trouble imagining us actually using any of these names. my DH says that we'll be sure when we meet him/her but I can't help but think that we'll make the wrong decision so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions! We're not to concerned about having too many names as we had about 30 names on our list for when our daughter was born!

What would you name Nirvana's possible brother? Throw some weird/uncommon ones at us!

EDIT: Forgot to add, the middle name will be either Lewis, Ross, Jett, Neil, Max or Henry.
    Hmm...
    Aberdeen - This is a place in Scotland so for me I struggle with the idea of Aberdeen being a child's name as Aberdeen (no offensive to anybody from Aberdeen) isn't really desirable it's not like naming your son Rome for example. Thus I wouldn't use this.

Winslow - A lovely choice, but could she become the new Madison? Winslow seems to be used a lot for girls and this could prove challenging for a boy.

Cairo - I think this choice is fantastic, very sleek and collective. Cairo also has great connotations and associations with the Egyptian city, a city so rich in history it's honestly perfect. I think Cairo is a great choice. I like Cairo Henry.

Sterling - Ah another brilliant choice, Sterling is a such a handsome name. I love the fact that Sterling has this really cool cowboy feel.

Lucason - Really not keen. Have you thought of Luca?

Dante - Dante has a very handsome, sleek feel. Dante is such an intriguing name. I really love Dante. I also love the combination Dante Lewis.

Lorenzo - A lovely Italian choice, Lorenzo sounds so handsome and lovely. I really adore the nickname Ren. Lorenzo is a brilliant choice, I love Italian names and Lorenzo fits that bill brilliantly.

Milan - Ah love this choice, Milan sounds perfect and has this really cool European vibe. I think Milan is generally great.

Stanford - Not my thing!

Suggestions:
    Devon
    Heath
    Aurelius
    Cash
    Jameson
    Deacon
    Angelo
    Enrico
    Sherlock

Aberdeen + Nirvana = Perfect

I don't know if you're a rock fan or not, but Nirvana is by far the best group ever... And guess what? They're from Aberdeen, Washington.. I'm guessing you already knew this, otherwise that is the biggest and most awesome coincidence ever. Name your boy Aberdeen, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by nirvanafan123 View Post
    I don't know if you're a rock fan or not, but Nirvana is by far the best group ever... And guess what? They're from Aberdeen, Washington.. I'm guessing you already knew this, otherwise that is the biggest and most awesome coincidence ever. Name your boy Aberdeen, that is all.
    You got to it first! I was just going to say ... tenuous connection but yes, Aberdeen is the hometown of the band, Nirvana. Some people will immediately make the connection but most probably will not. If you're okay with occasionally coming off as a Nirvana buff, then go with it. I think Aberdeen is a great name and the nicknames are wonderful as well.

Otherwise, I really love Lorenzo from your list.