Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ada vs. Matilda

Ada Lucille is my favorite

Ada Violet sounds too much like ate a violet, lol.

Matilda Violet and Matilda Ruby both sound lovely, but I just like Ada a bit more
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I do like Ada Vivian I will have to run that by my dh! I really like vintage names and don't really want anything trendy. Though I think unfortunately vintage names are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    I prefer Ada. Ada Violet is lovely, what do you think of Ada Vivian and Ada Natalie?
    I don't really like Matilda, it's not my style and somewhat trendy but if I had to choose, then Matilda Frances would be my pick.

I feel the same way, so trying to pick just one seems so hard! I do LOVE Matilda Pearl and that has been on list as well Maybe we will just have to see what name suits her after she is born. Of course that leaves me weeks to agonize over it

Quote Originally Posted by katekadleck View Post
    I adore both Ada and Matilda, so I'd have a hard time picking between the two, to be honest! Regarding combos, both Ada Frances Rose and Ada Violet are gorgeous. For Matilda, I like Matilda Ruby and Matilda Violet best, though I understand your concern about Ruby's trendiness. I'd also suggest Matilda Pearl or Matilda June.

Thank you for your input! From your list I love Pearl and Beatrice. Both have been on our list before, but I had forgotten about them!

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post

I really love Matilda Claire! I am hesitant to use it though in case we ever have another daughter in the future. Clara Frances is a combo we've tossed around before

Quote Originally Posted by cannebella View Post
    I love both Ada and Matilda! So I have the same problem as katekadleck had. Both are one my list but I have really been lovely Matilda more than Ada lately. I have seen the suggestion of Ada Violet a couple of times on here so I wouldn't go for that, I also have Violet Ada on my list. I like your combos of Matilda Ruby and Matilda Violet the most but I will suggest, Matilda Claire, Matilda Evelyn and Matilda Cathleen or any other names in my signature.