Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm with other posters in that it depends on the relationship and in some cases also how common the name is. I don't have a lot of ex's, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a couple of them because the relationship didn't mean much in the long run. OTOH, I'd never use the name of my first love, both because it would be weird, and because it's uncommon enough that he's the only person I've known by that name. (Well, okay, him and a one-time Minister of Magic :-D)

If I loved a name and it turned out my husband once dated a girl by that name, I'd be okay with it; then again, I know he had no serious relationships before me. If he'd been seriously involved with someone, I'd consider that name off-limits.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I'd never name my child the same name as an ex.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Nope. I know my husband would go nuts. And I just think it's kind of disrespectful to my husband to name our child after an ex. Even if I did like their name.

No, I don't think either father or mother should use names of past exes, unless the relationship was just a blip on the radar and they had a fairly common name. For example, I've gone on dates with a couple of Mikes/Michaels and I wouldn't think twice about using that name if I liked it .... which I don't. But that's an example. I've never had a serious relationship with a Michael. But somebody who I have a lot of history with? No. N-O. No no no.

Definitely depends on the seriousness of the relationship, how you feel overall about your ex and whether you loved the name. Having said that, there is no name that belongs to any of my exes that I would want. Flipping this in the other side, I wouldn't want my daughter to be named the same as my husbands exes!! At all!! So I reckon my hubby would feel the same way about mine. My hubby was in a really long term rel'ship with a girl named Heidi. I actually really like that name, but I would always associate it with his ex so would never use it!!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!