Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Would you use the name of an Ex?

Hi!
    I'm new here and this is my first thread so hopefully it goes well :-D
    Anyway, I was thinking last night about how all my exes have had really traditional names: Andrew, Adam, Justin, Nick, the craziest it got was Zechariah. Anyway, I like all these names, and what if down the road, I get married to someone, and they really want to name their son Nicholas. Let's say it's a family name, or maybe just a name that my new hubby really likes. Having been a name of someone that you were romantically involved with, would you strike it off the list of potential names? Would it matter how important it was to your husband, or would it just be off-limits no matter what?
    And the fact that these are traditional names has nothing to do with anything, just the catalyst to this little thought tangent.
    Are exes names off limits?
    Names that currently tickle my fancy:
    Daphne and Harper

Because I hate the name of one ex and no one could ever convince me to use his name, even if it didn't give me bad memories, I would for that one. And the other name of a major ex I wouldn't use, and I can guarantee that my husband now wouldn't want us to use, because he was one of those that our relationship never really ended and he was a major part of my life. If I used his name it would constantly remind me of him, and even though that isn't necessarily bad to me, my husband wouldn't want me to think of that guy all the time. Those two don't have very common names, though. I dated a couple guys named Chris and some other more common names like the ones you mentioned, and those names aren't severely linked to those exes. So unless it causes a big stink in your head, I don't see the big deal in using them.
    ~gigi~
    *gina danielle*

I mean, I would use the names Peter or Joseph, but not together and definitely not PJ, one of my exes. The others are just kinda whatever. I think it depends on how serious it was too, because I could never use Scott either.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

Well it depends on the ex. I dated a guy for 4 years so his name is off-limits. But if I went on a couple of dates with a guy and nothing went horribly wrong we just didn't like each other like that then I could use that name. But I would tell my husband because he might say no (which I would 100% respect). I wouldn't want my future daughter's name to be one of my future husbands hookups, yuck. LOL

Yeah, I was going to add that, if you loved a name, then found out it was the name of a relationship your husband had, would that ruin the name? I do think it's important how serious the relationship was emotionally. Blind date? Useable. "The one that got away"? Definitely not.
    Names that currently tickle my fancy:
    Daphne and Harper