Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New and in Need of Help!

Hi. My name is Rainierloner. I'm not new to Nameberry, but this is the first account I have made. I absolutely LOVE writing and I'm working on a new story right now. I'm not going to tell the idea, just a little information about the main characters. I want to know if their names fit their personalities and if anyone has any suggestions on new names. Here they are:

Rosalie Clara Hart "Rose" is the Main Character. She is quiet and shy and likes fitting in and not being noticed. She is about average height, with long straight blond hair and blue eyes. She is actually very pretty, though if someone tells her, she won't believe them. Rose is 16.

Maxwell Finn Carter "Max" is the Love Interest. He is outgoing and impulsive and falls for Rose immediately <3. He is tall and has curly-ish brown hair and honey brown eyes. He is 17 years old.

Wren Skyla Williamson is Rose's best friend. She is loud and quirky and doesn't care what other people think of her. She is very short with green eyes, freckles, and frizzy red hair to match her fiery personality. She is 16 like Rose is.

So, WDYT? Do you like the names? Could you suggest any new names? I'm also unsure about the syllables-- with the nicknames, Rose, Max, and Wren are all one syllable. Should I change that? Give me your opinion. Thank you!

Hi.
    *I don't mean to be mean or anything by the way*

Rosalie Clara Hart "Rose"- Love the name Rosalie, love the name Clara. I was thinking that Carter and Hart kinda sound the same in a way, I would change that but if you don't that's okay.

Maxwell Finn Carter "Max"- In my opinion Maxwell and Finn don't mix very well, to me they're bot very common nicknames... I kinda of hate when the name is just a nickname. I mean if your gonna call someone Max his parents should of named him Max you know.

Wren Skyla Williamson- I think that if I was her she'd feel left out because her best friend has a nickname and the love interest but she just goes by her name. How about Ginger and her nickname could be Ginny, it sounds good with Rose.
    miranda, writer
    history enthusiast/buff and self-proclaimed fangirl

rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared
    raynor • niccolo • richard • philip

ingrid • sybil • evelyn • amalia • cosima
    helena • leonor • blanche • florence

It does seem a little weird that all three of them have single-syllable names, but I doubt the average will notice or care, so if you like them, keep them.
    I think Wren's and Max's names are fine and fitting, but 'Rose Hart' seems a little abrupt. I'd go with a longer surname - possible one that ends in 'Hart' if you wanna keep that feel around. Then again, that could be just me.
    I also agree with PP about Carter and Hart sounding a little similar.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

It does seem a little weird that all three of them have single-syllable names, but I doubt the average will notice or care, so if you like them, keep them.
    I think Wren's and Max's names are fine and fitting, but 'Rose Hart' seems a little abrupt. I'd go with a longer surname - possible one that ends in 'Hart' if you wanna keep that feel around. Then again, that could be just me.
    I also agree with PP about Carter and Hart sounding a little similar.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Thanks, guys! I like the idea Ginger nn Ginny (thank you miranda082) but I don't know if people will think I am copying the Ginny from Harry Potter. Does anyone have any more new names for her? And I do realize now that the last name Hart and Carter do sound similar. Can any of you give me any surnames?

Also, I am changing Maxwell to Max (thank you calypsotheoneandonly) and I need some ideas for his middle name. Can I have any help there?

Thank you so much for your help so far. Keep the ideas coming!
    erin; student, writer, nerdfighter, teenberry, slytherin & proud

○ cleo ○ beatrix ○ eleanor ○ esther ○ hazel ○
    ○ imogen ○ jocelyn ○ lydia ○ piper ○ sansa ○ zoë ○

○ edward ○ dashiell ○ gabriel ○ gideon ○ jem ○
    ○ maxon ○ owen ○ river ○ rowan ○ sebastian ○ xavier ○