Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Merit Vs Meret

Between the two, Merit. However, I find virtue names a little much to live under, so I overall prefer Maret (MARE-et). I went to school with a girl by that name, and she rocked it.

Maret/Marit is another option. They are Scandinavian forms of Mary. It was the other name my mother was considering for me when I was born.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Meret is a little confusing to me since I would think to say it mer-ray, though it is more visually appealing to me than Merit, so I'd pick it over Merit.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Merit. I like the meaning, and I don't think you'd ever get the correct pronunciation for Meret.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I prefer Merit. I feel the pronunciation is much clearer and I love the virtue connotation. I feel the soft beginning of the name balances out the slightly harsher ending making the name flow well (I pronounce it Mare-it like you do). Both names are pretty but I feel Merit is more stand out and fits better with Rowan!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year