Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alysabeth? Honoring both grandmothers!

Hi, I'm new to Nameberry, and already I'm in love with this site .
    ... What do you think about the name Alysabeth? DH's mother's name is Alysia, and my mother's name is Elisabeth (pronounced just like Elizabeth). I'm due in about a week, and we came up with the name Alysabeth... does it work? I'm wondering whether or not the name sounds too made up and cheesy. The middle name would be Phoebe... after my favorite character on my favorite TV show, 'Friends'. DH absolutely loves the name Phoebe as well. The only other thing that we're unsure about is whether Alysabeth should be the middle and Phoebe the first. Phoebe Alysabeth or Alysabeth Phoebe? Thank you; every suggestion is appreciated!
    Last edited by averyquinn4; July 19th, 2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: put semi-colon in wrong spot

I like Alysabeth. Did you consider Phoebe Alice Beth?

No, we really want to use Alysabeth; we're not fond of two middle names. Thank you for the suggestion though!

I like it, there's also the alternate spelling of Elixabeth, if your interested

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I'm not crazy about Alysabeth, but since you're using it to honor, and you want to use it, I would put it in the middle. That way you don't have to worry about your daughter having to constantly spell it out to people she meets, and still have it confused with Elizabeth.

How are you pronouncing it? I think the flow of Phoebe Alysabeth is better than Alysabeth Phoebe was well.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____