Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dreaming of names

Hi. I just recently got married and we are about to start TTC in the next couple of months. I have always loved the name Shaughnessy for a little girl (my cousins best friend growing up was named this, I only recently found out her name was spelled Shanasi). I just wanted to get an opinion from others on this name. I am really all over the board when it comes to names, I've been obsessed for years ad now that I might have to actually pick one is kind of overwhelming. So just to start out with we will go with Shaughnessy, and please be honest!

Ashley

I'm not sure - the spelling is way to OTT. Shaughnessy is unnecessarily complicated for my liking - Shanasi is a bit more easy to handle, although both names is a life time of "how do you spell/pronounce that?" - its one of the things where you've got to ask yourself, how much does it matter to you? and how would you feel about having a name that few can spell or pronounce correctly?

I honestly think it is going to be a guilty pleasure name of mine. I like the Shaughnessy spelling because I know traditionally that is the Irish surname spelling but to be honest I can barely write my new last name without thinking it will never end (went from 4 letters to Rodriguez) so I doubt I would ever have the guts to actually name our child this. It's long and I can't imagine having to teach it to a child lol. I can always dream though

If you don't think you could cope with how long the name is you could try and shorten it down to Shauni or Nessy? It is a lovely name in my opinion but it's a bit of a mouthful especially with the second name.

I have no idea how to say the name, regardless of spelling.
    Wanting to be pregnant.