Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avalie?

Avalie?

What do you think of the name Avalie?

I don't like Ava to start with but adding -lie changes it from a respectable name that I simply don't like to a trashy-sounding name that plain shouldn't be used. Love Coralie, Rosalie, etc though.
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

My husband and I have been searching long and hard for a girls name and have discussed ones like Liliana, Luciana, etc. We haven't ruled them out but we both agreed that it sounds like we are taking a rather popular name - in this case Lily or Lucy - and trying to make it special/different by adding "ana" to the end (eventhough they are names in their own right/not made up). I think this is a similar scenario. Ava is lovely and I must admit that I like Avalie more but it does seem like it is trying to be different.

Not sure if that helps!

Thank you for your honesty! That's what I was wondering about. I never thought of it as sounding trashy, but I did wonder if it sounded too made up.

How are you pronouncing that? Ava-lee or what I was thinking was more like Ah-vuh-lee. Or even Aa-vuh-lee (as in Abby)... For this reason I'm not a fan, but I hate having to correct pronunciations
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Esther Dorothy . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery