Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hazel, Daphne, Vera, Audrey?

These are our four finalists for our second girl. Last name Lane. Main concerns:
    DH doesn't love Daphne.
    Hazel, which I love, ends in an "L" and I'm worried about it running into the L of our last name.
    Vera is the only name both DH and I both really like, but Vera Lane sounds like Vera Wang. Is it too noticeable?
    Audrey, which we both like, is so popular.

Oh wow. You and I have such a similar taste in names! I love all these names and some are my very favorites. I can't imagine having to choose between them!

Daphne -- Hmm, with other great choices that you both like, I think this one should be out.
    Hazel -- I know what you mean about them running together. However, the more I say the full name out loud, the more okay I am with it. It is different from two hard sounds like Eric Christiansen. I think L is one of the few letters you can double up and get away with it. So, if you both really like the name, I think you should go for it!
    Vera -- This is a great name! I don't think it sounds too similar and since you both really like it, I think this is the best option! Have you considered pronouncing it veh-ra? This would reduce the similarities between her name and Vera Wang's. Like I said though, I really don't think they are too similar.
    Audrey -- I agree, popularity is a turn-off for me as well.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Lets see:
    Daphne- since DH does not love it I would just scratch it off the list. That is what I do because if there is no way in changing his mind then I would X it out. Keeps things simple for you

Hazel: I love Hazel it is our front runner name on our list but the double L does bother me. I have to stop before I say your last name. Or it could just be I do not like how my mouth feels when saying it. I like flow and not having my tongue feel tied if that makes sense. That is like with us we can not use any names ending is S or X because the transition into our last name it rough. So I would scratch that one off.

Vera- I think this is a stunning name. I did not think of Vera Wang at all until you mentioned it. But if it bothers you then I would not use it. Coming from a stranger I did not think of that at all. So maybe knowing that you can keep it as an option?

Audrey- I have never once met and Audrey. I even worked in a daycare at one point in my life and there was not a single Audrey. I think Audrey Lane sounds stunning. I am not sure of your middle choice but this one stood out to me most. I think it has such class, elegance, and is lovely. I can picture the name on a baby, child and adult. Plus the fact you and Dh both like it is an added bonus.

Hope this has help
    Rainbow Baby (a boy) Due Early November 2015!

Hershey, PA, USA
    Daphne doesn't get my vote. It's good to use a name you both love.

Hazel and Vera are my favorites of the four! Both are very pretty! I vote for either of them.

Audrey, too popular for a vote, it's nice to have a name that isn't too popular because it helps with individuality.

Great picks!

I vote for Daphne or Vera.
    Cecily Beatrice, Charlotte Helena, Aurora Valkyrie, Rosalyn Amoret, Melody Seraphina, Flora Rosamund

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Magnus Roland, Thorin Gaspar, Percy Beowulf, Erik Wesley, Tristan Emil