Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Replacing India

Replacing India

SO disagrees, but I feel like we need to replace India. It's in our top five and nothing seems to fit. It isn't because of anything anyone said; I knew about the history before I put it on the list. I just don't want any trouble in the future if we use it.

Our List:

Xanthe Ada
    Verdandi Liv
    Ophelia Vivi
    India Maeve
    Primeveire Blythe

Nothing else fits there. I think I just love it too much.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

I'm not trying to stir things up. I am genuinely asking for help finding a name similar in feel to replace it.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

Shame. India Maeve is a lovely combo! Could you still use it in the middle? It's a beautiful name.

I know it gets suggested a lot as an alternative, and I myself think it pales in comparison to India, but Indigo is quite good. You still get the sweet nn Indy and it's got the cool 'o' ending. Bit boyish?

Primeveire and Verdandi are quite different from your other names and I don't think I can come up with anything in the same vein as those. I think India has a really vibrant, Bohemian feel to it though. I get the same vibe from names like: Ruby, Eden, Nadia, Pippa, Saskia, Bonnie, Fern, Stella, Zinnia, Saffron, Laurel, Amber, Georgie, Lydia, Viola, Sienna, Mim, Roma, Sylvie, Eleni, Sofia, Anouk, Jenna, Tamara, Sabine, Hibby, Lara... any of those strike your fancy?
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; July 19th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

I really like Indira, the sound is so similar to India already and it's an Indian name.
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I was pretty sad to find it about the controversy surrounding its usage as a given name.

I like Indigo, but I've never been able to make myself love it. I love Zinnia, Roma, and Sylvie but they just don't feel right. I also love Viola but I think it would sound a little weird with Ivan. Indira is beautiful but, strangely enough, I have always thought it would be offensive or disrespectful to use a name from a culture so completely unrelated to my own.

Thank you for the suggestions.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan