Names Searched Right Now:

NN for Althea and Ramona

Could Alice work as a NN for Althea? Any ideas for a full name with NN Alice? Is Alice even NN material?

Could Rose work for Ramona? If not, any ideas?
    Mom to Isaiah Gabriel, Zachariah Xavier and two precious angel babies.

Crossing our fingers for a sticky baby soon.

I don't think either of those could work for nicknames. Alice as a nickname for Althea is just too big a stretch. I think Alice is fine as a name on it's own.
    Same for Rose for Ramona- it's just too much of a stretch. Again, Rose is fine on its own.
    Althea, nickname Thea, Alta, Tea
    Ramona, nickname Mona, Ramy, Ona
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I don't think either of those really work in an obvious way. You can call your kid anything you want but I wouldn't get either of those nicknames from their names. For Althea, Ally or Thea. For Ramona, Mona or maybe Romy.

For Alice, use it as a whole name or a nickname for Allison or Alyssa. For Rose, I'd stick with a long-form like Rosalie or Rosamund.
    Maximus Alexander's Mama
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

Romy/Rommie/Ro would be what I think of for Ramona, which is, btw, an absolutely fabulous name. I don't think of Rose with Ramona, though. So many R names get that (I like Rosamund and Rosemary...) but Ramona doesn't resonate with that to me.

Turning a great, unfloral R pick like Ramona or Raphaela into Rose seems a bit of a confusion/waste to me, though I like Rose on its own.

I think Rose and Alice are fine just on their own. They are a bit of a stretch, but maybe if the middle names had the "S" sound in it it would work!
    In example Althea Reese "Alice" or Ramona Scarlett "Rose" (those were totally random btw:P)
    More nicknames for Althea and Ramona:
    Althea:
    Ally
    Thea
    Attie (stretch?)
    Tia

Ramona:
    Romy
    Ramey
    Mona
    Sarah Beth <3

Current favorites: