Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    You're in Dublin. So yes, I'd say it was too much.
    Agreed. It's a long the lines of meeting someone named Oregon in Portland, or Georgia in Atlanta.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Oh! It's not Dublin, Ireland! Haha. But thanks everyone, I totally see where you're all coming from xx

Georgia is used as a feminization George, not as a place-name name usually, so that's different. I'm not a big fan of place-name names. If it's a really special location to you and you can't bring yourself to use an actual name from that place for some reason (although I can't fathom why not), then use it as a middle name. Having a name with the word "land" at the end of it is even weirder than a girl having a name with "son" at the end, IMHO.

My cousin's daughter has the middle name Ireland. She has no connection to the country, she said she "just liked the sound of it as a middle name". I thought that this was a little strange, though I had to agree, it DOES flow nicely with her daughter's first and last names.

To each their own - it's not my style, but hey, it's no stranger than using any other place name, really.

I remember hearing Ireland for the first time as a name while working at a clothing store. She was a little blonde girl and all I could think was "are you serious?" I live in America. If you live in Ireland, then it's a definite no. It would just to be so confusing and I think many would assume you are "American" because I'm sure very few, if any, Irish name their children Ireland.

Also, just because someone famous did it, doesn't mean it's a good idea... I mean there are kids named Moon Unit and Rocket Man.

(this is all just my opinion)
    Last edited by catloverd; July 18th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables