Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think Georgina is a lovely name, I love it's vintage, old fashioned beauty. My grandmothers name is Edna Georgina and my cousin is Anna Georgina. Personally, I like the nn Georgie.

Similar names are:
    Regina
    Giorgina
    Angelina
    Virginia

Georgeanna
    George
    Georgi
    Georginalee

My preference would be with Georgia. Georgina is a little more of a mouthful to say and I guess I'm more of a fan of shorter sounding names. Plus I have a very good friend called Georgia. Her nn is Gigi Girl. I totally disagree with the concept from another comment that these names are associated with lower-socioeconomic class. They are classic, lovely names. And to be honest, even they were, that wouldn't bother me if I liked the name.
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

I much prefer Georgina to Georgiana, because it has one simple but nice pronunciation to it but still a traditional history of use. I know three Georginas, two go by Gina and one by Georgie, and I don't associate it with a lower socioeconomic class at all.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by bigsweater View Post
    I'm trying to put this delicately, but I went to school with a Georgette, and a Georgiana. These names, plus, Georgia, Georgina are lower socio-economic names.
    This is definitely false, and based on one person's experience.

My favorite is Georgiana. I'm confused by the multiple pronunciations you listed. Ive never heard George-ee-AY-nah or George-ee-AR-nah? Not sure where the R comes from? I say George-ee-AH-nah, and am sure some would say George--ee--ANN-ah.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

I grew up with a Georgianna, and she definitely did NOT belong to a "lower socio-economic class." (What a mouthful!) She was from a prominent Greek family, went to an exclusive private school and graduated from Yale with honors. And as if that weren't enough: she's gorgeous. Her nickname growing up was Georgie, and it was a pretty perfect name - cute on a kid, cool on an adult.