Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I agree that the best way to deal with having 2 middles is to make one of them your maiden name. Then just think of it as choosing your favorite middle for the first name and think of the second middle as just being a family homage. We hyphenated our last names into one last name anyway, so neither of us would have been interested in lengthening our kids' names further, but if your maiden name doesn't currently appear elsewherein the name, that's what I'd recommend.

Also, I don't see your husband's logic in saying that the compromise you offered isn't just as much of a compromise as he's offering. I don't think he's being fair and I can't figure out why someone would be so attached to the CONCEPT of 2 middle names that they'd basucally give their partner carte Blanche to pick them.

Why would he insist on two middles when he doesn't even care which ones? That's odd.

I think out of six you need to eliminate both of your least favorites, and then whittle it down from there. Maybe keep two single middle name options and one double mn combo.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

What are the names? Or do you want to keep it private? Knowing the names would be helpful because then we could see what you have to use and maybe compromise on shorter middles through different variations etc.

If you want a the traditional 1 middle I think like emsky said just scratch ones off you are eh about. Narrow it down to the most you like and then go from there. It stinks that he is not on the same page as you.

Or make a combo with two middles and a combo with one middle bring them to the hospital, see your bub first. You may be surprised. She may look like she should have two middles. JMO
    TTC Baby #1 Starts Next Month!

Two middles are fun in theory, but they are clunky. I third using your maiden name, even if it's not useable as a given name. I know a girl with the middle name Chains, after her mother's maiden name.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Hi fellow NewYorker. I'm with you. In the US, a double middle just sounds pretentious imo. I wouldn't do it unless it were a family tradition, or unless you had two important namesakes to squeeze in.
    Lots of beautiful names on your list. My favorite options:

Adeline Matilda or Adeline Mathilde ("Mah-TEELD") I like the rhythm of the whole name with Mathilde, but Adeline Matilda is so delicately German.. Lacy yet serious. Really perfect!
    Adeline Sabrina
    Adeline Ophelia
    Adeline Verona

Cecily is gorgeous, but I'd save it for a second daughter's first name. Cecily Violet, Cecily Tamsin.... or Cecily Thomasina for that matter.