Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Names honouring beloved characters?

I have a really strong connection to certain characters, and would love to one day honour those characters in some way in my future children's names. However, most of the characters have pretty intense or even bizarre names, and I'm not sure how to go about it...
    They are:
    1. Dustfinger, from Cornelia Funke's Inkworld trilogy...
    2. Enjolras, from Les Miserables (would consider this as a middle name, but could it possibly work as a first name???)

Any suggestions?
    Saoirse Foxglove Eponine Cecilia Muirenn Eidelweiss Yvaine Theodosia Snowdrop Aphrodite Gwenllian Rose Greer Belinda Roisin Antigone Snow White Fantine Edwina Judith Nightingale Isabeau Noor Poinsettia Sansa Loveday Winifred Bernadette Sybil Françoise
    Jude Perrin Heathcliff Enjolras Griffin Alexandre Hugo Evelyn Meriadoc Horace Coinneach Aslan Silas Hadrian Ismaël Erwann Draco Renly Rowan Flick Diarmuid Paris Waldo Ludovic Cecil Peregrin Snapdragon Oswald Iver Campion

Oh Dustfinger is such a wonderful character! I'm not as much of a fan of Les Mis, so I'll let others discuss that one.

Dustfinger.

Hmm.

I'd go with some fire name, since he was a fire-dancer. A name that feels fiery, or means fire, flame, etc. Or, if you're nuts (adventurous?), put Dustfinger in the middle and call him Dusty. Or use Dustin, which is Dustfinger without the f-g-e-r. Perhaps Dustin middle name ends in -ger? Dustin Fire? You could also use Gwin, or Motley (as in Folk).
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Ooh, I love Les Miz! I agree, Enjolras is a pretty heavy, bizarre name, especially for the US. I could definitely work as a middle name though. I wouldn't use it as a first, but I guess it could work. Maybe you could use the nickname Joel.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

Why don't you do a Super Search for names that contain "dust"?
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I remember Dustfinger! Wow, that was a while ago, hah.

I really like the suggestion of Dustin, honestly can't think of anything else for that at the moment.

Enjorlas is a great character! I'm still not done with the book, (I've heard soundtracks and seen the recent movie, though) but I hope he has a good part in it! There's a good chance that that isn't his actual name, Wikipedia doesn't say. I think it's totally usable as a first name, and is awesome.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.