Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What do you think about unisex names?

Some names can go either way... Do you like this new trend? I also would like to make this thread interesting... I will put down a list of names and I will leave it up to you guys to determine if you like them better for a guy or gal.

Avery
    Jamie
    Pat
    Alex
    Anderson
    Casey
    Aaron/ Erin
    Riley
    Cameron
    Dylan
    Taylor
    Drew
    Morgan
    Spencer
    Sam
    Bailey

Morgan is my #1 boys name right now. I don't even know how to articulate why I love it so much. I think that Morgan is more popular for girls these days, and that is exactly why I would give it to a boy, and not a girl.

Avery - Girl
    Jamie - Girl
    Pat - Patrick boy, Patrice Girl
    Alex - both
    Anderson - boy
    Casey - boy
    Aaron/Erin - boy/girl
    Riley - girl
    Cameron - boy
    Dylan - boy
    Taylor - girl
    Drew - boy
    Morgan - boy
    Spencer - boy
    Sam - Samuel boy, Samantha girl
    Bailey - dog

I tend to like unisex names for boys more than girls right now I'm really loving Darcy for a boy
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Aili

Darcy, Vaughn, Leif, Heath, Huxley, Kenneth, Cormac

We're going to have this conversation again?
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    We're going to have this conversation again?
    Yes, looks like we are. I for one love the topic of unisex names, but I'm usually afraid to start any discussions of my own about it because people who disapprove always chime in with how ridiculous they think it is. I respect your opinion on the matter, but I think that those of us that enjoy unisex names have every right to discuss them. You can simply not post in these threads if they annoy you. I would really appreciate that

Now, on topic: I love unisex names, and I'm a big fan of the current trend of more names becoming unisex. I hope that as time goes on, names will be less and less associated with a single gender. It's just something that is strange to me. I feel the same about toys, clothes, color schemes, and so on.

All of the names you listed I can easily picture on boys. For girls, the only ones that seem a bit odd are Anderson and Pat, but I don’t like those names for either sex, so maybe that’s why. My favorite is Dylan, which is on my list for boys and girls. I also love Jamie for both, and Alex for girls.
    ElizabethAlessandraBronwenDylanJamesSilasJoseph