Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cecilia and Lucia...too similar?

My DH and I are trying to come up with some girl names that we both love....boys names for us are so easy and the girls are really giving us a tough time. Luckily, we still have a few months before we have to decide!

My husband's favorite name is Cecilia, which I do like. My current favorite is Lucia (loo-see-ah), which he likes as well. We would call her Lucia and not Lucy.

Are they too similar? I would love to use both (we would love to have many children), but I am afraid they are too similar and if we use one this time around, we wouldn't be able to use the other in the future.

What do you think? Thank you for your opinion!

They're similar, but I kinda like them together. I think they compliment each other nicely. If you're worried about it, maybe Cecily? Cecilia has been a favorite, if not THE favorite, of mine for a while now but recently I've started preferring Cecily. Anyway, food for thought. I think both are really pretty, and aren't obnoxious together.

I love them together!

I personally really love Cecilia nn Cici, I knew a girl called Lucia growing up pronounced Lu-chee-a (she's Italian) and I was never fond of the sound of her name
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath

I've always loved these names as well. But I have the same concern, that they sound too similar. Especially if you want to shorten to a nickname - the only options I like are Lucy and Cece, but that sounds even more similar than Lucia and Cecilia