Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two very different naming styles..

So my husband and I were discussing names the other day, and he told me his two favorites are Brantley and Stetson. Totally names for a little cowboy which does not surprise me coming from my cowboy boot wearing husband! My favorites tend to lean more Biblical or unique such as Elihu, Malachi, Ephraim, Maverick or Canaan. While I like his suggestions, I'm not totally sold on either, and he feels the same about mine. We're not pregnant, just thinking ahead for baby #2

Any suggestions of names that would be either "cowboy" or "biblical"? Or maybe something unique somewhere in the middle?

Some suggestions for you Ezekiel (nn Zeke), Remington, Ty, Waylon, Wyatt, Colt/Colton, Caleb (nn's Cale, Cal or Cub), Jacob, Jonas, Josiah, Levi, Zack, Bryce, Carson, Clay/Clayton, Cody, Henry, Bronson (nn's Bronc, Bronco), Clint/Clinton, Dillon, Hudson, Shane, Zane, Marshall, Jasper, Weston, Angus, Ned, Oakley, Chase, Whiley, Chance, Austin, Beau, Brant, Cooper, Dustin, Emmett, Garrett, Harley, Jace, Rowdy, Sonny, Tex, Truman, Truett, Vance, Jeb, Landon, Hunter, Brody, Jett, Ryder.
    Hope this gets you started! All the very best in compiling a list for your future little 'cowboy'.
    Mama Bear to five gorgeous children - Dakotah Anne, Arabella Hope, Jaren Max, Zahlee Grace and Emmaline Eve

Oh, I love a good cowboy name! I don't like Brantley at all, but how about:

Ty
    Grady
    Cal
    Cord
    Emmett
    John
    Sterling
    Forrest

Isn't Maverick both? That seems like the perfect compromise!

You may suggest to him to look at the list called Biblical Names and I believe there's another on this site called Popular Biblical Names. For you, I'd look into the Southern Names list. There's also the Names Dads Prefer More Than Moms. All of this is on Nameberry.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following