Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Lachlan, Oakley, Dashiell, Nolan, or ??? One month to go!

Baby is one month from joining our family, and DH and I haven't found a name we fully agree on. We don't know the baby's gender, but I don't want to be desperately flipping through the pages of a name book while I'm in the hospital! If baby is a girl, she will be named Waverly. Baby will be joining siblings Jenica Grace and Laeken Andrew. Laeken is 18 months old, so baby will be very close in age to him.

DH and I both love the name Lachlan, but it is sooooo close to Laeken. It sounds too cutesy-matchy. (If you disagree, let me know!) We've considered just going with Locke or Loch, but there's still the similarity issue.

DH has Nolan and Dashiell at the top of his list. I'm so-so with Nolan and uncertain about Dashiell. I love the nickname Dash, but don't know if I want to stick my son with the name for life.

My top pick is Oakley Zander. DH likes it, but doesn't love it.

Thoughts on these and other recommendations?? DH and I both love nature names and since we both have very common names, tend to find more uncommon names for our kids. I'm also leaning toward a name that has a "k" sound in the middle as it goes with the other sibling names. I am definitely open to any suggestions though!

I like Oakley

I'd look into a few of the Cool Names lists. The one called Unusual Names For Boys gives about a 100 uncommon names that could generate other ideas. Oakley seems more a brand to me than a name. I do agree with you on Lachlan being close to your other son's name. You could also do a Super Search with names that contain "dash" to see if anything sticks.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

I was going to come on a root for Lochlan, but upon reading your post Lochlan is to definitly to similar to Laeken. I really like Oakley as we'll, and would love to meet a kid with this name one day. My husband wouldn't agree on it for either a boy or girl.

I'm not sure if I'm just being close-minded and stubborn, but I am really having a hard time finding any names I like as much as Oakley. If baby is a boy, maybe DH will take one look at him and decide he's an Oakley after all