Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Willow

Just after everyone's thoughts on the name Willow. I know on here in the Nameberry world Willow may be considered quite average and maybe even a little dated but what would non nameberry's think of Willow? Still dated?

I think a lot of people generally find it sweet and arty if not a little bit hippie. It's still got a bit of bohemian vibe off of NB and in the real world. Reverse the ratios between it and Hazel in real life - more people here find Hazel likable and Willow not exactly the style they want - but IRL I think Hazel is still too crusty and Willow is cool.

I do think Willa is a little more versatile, but not particularly more fashionable.

I voted on your earlier poll and I voted for Willow. I really love this name. I don't know anyone with this name and I see a lot of names come over my computer sceen in my job and I've never seen a Willow yet. I don't see how it can become dated if it isn't used much. Maybe the Buffy the Vampire Slayer connection? One of the characters on that show had the name Willow.

I think it's lovely and very usable.

I've never liked this name. Not even a little. I just don't see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by wintersage View Post
    I voted on your earlier poll and I voted for Willow. I really love this name. I don't know anyone with this name and I see a lot of names come over my computer sceen in my job and I've never seen a Willow yet. I don't see how it can become dated if it isn't used much. Maybe the Buffy the Vampire Slayer connection? One of the characters on that show had the name Willow.

I think it's lovely and very usable.
    Thank you! Yeah I was curious as compared to Stella and Ivy, *Willow came in last on my poll and last by heaps of votes.. I was surprised! I always thought it sounded very graceful. Maybe it received not so many votes because it was up against Stella and Ivy and at first Willow can appear dull when comparing her against the other names ..Not sure :/*