Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is your name currently in the top 100?

When my parents chose my name {Jasmine} it wasn't popular here. In fact my mum said they got some really strange looks and reactions when they told people my name. Now that I'm an adult there are 1000s of little Jasmines running around and my name ranks higher in the Australian top 100 than my children's names and it's not like Elizabeth and Annabelle are uncommon names! Sometimes the current popularity of my name bugs me a little, especially when I get comments like 'you have a little girls name' but I'm mostly grateful it wasn't super popular in Australia 25 years ago.

So is your name in the top 100? Does it ever bother you? How popular is your name in comparison to your children's names?
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

no, but it is in the top 1000. When I was a kid my name, Lorelei, was not in the top 1000 and was very rare (though there was another girl with the same name in my grade)
    My sons name is very popular. my daughters name is in the top 500, but I would not call it popular.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

@mclola - I wish I would find a top 1000 list of Australia. I have looked and looked but can't find one! It would be interesting to see where my name ranked the year I was born, all I know it that it was outside the top 100 and I have only ever met 4 Jasmine's close in age to me (one born on the exact same day as me, same surname and with the different spelling of the same middle name! Which is crazy!)
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Candice is not even in the top 1000, the highest it reached was 78th in 1982, when I was born it was 172 (I'm using US stats because I'm too lazy to hunt down Canadian ones)
    Last edited by nercomi; July 18th, 2013 at 03:53 AM.
    Coraline "Corey", Georgiana "Georgie", Cecilia "Cici", Guinevere "Gwen", Rosamond "Rozz"

Everett "Rhett", Quentin "Quinn", Cornelius "Coren", Cormac "Mac", Heath

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1509 View Post
    @mclola - I wish I would find a top 1000 list of Australia. I have looked and looked but can't find one! It would be interesting to see where my name ranked the year I was born, all I know it that it was outside the top 100 and I have only ever met 4 Jasmine's close in age to me (one born on the exact same day as me, same surname and with the different spelling of the same middle name! Which is crazy!)
    I've got one for New South Wales - Popular Baby Names | Your gateway to the NSW Government.

My name has never been in the top 1000 in either my birth country or Australia where I live as of a few years ago. I go by Josie, because people can say it/spell it.