Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phoebesmom View Post
    Rowena June Ariadne. I think that accomplishes all the goals in a very meaningful package.
    Second this! Love Rowena
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I also pronounce Rowena row-enna with a soft E. I love it like that. My favorite Rowena combination is Rowena June Arianne, partly because it keeps the sound of her birth name. I think Ariadne sounds great too. I cannot pronounce Arianrhod.

I'm still loving Adelaide for her, both because of how you've described her and how it fits with the sibset. I've always loved Lady as a nickname, or Del / Della, or Ada (Adah) instead of Addie. I love Cecily too, and I can't see it becoming popular. Cecilia I can see, or Celeste, but somehow Cecily seems safe to me.

I think you can call her Roo regardless.

I like Rosamund Eve Arianrhod

If you like Ruxandra, maybe you'd like R u m e s h a . It's the name of a friend of mine, and it means "princess". My friend pronounces Roo-may-shah, so you could get Roo out of it

LOVE:
    Arianrhod Rowena June - I think you can definitely pull Roo from Arianrhod, and easily from mn Rowena. Arianrhod is so unusual and gorgeous.
    Rowena June Arianrhod - A softer combination, but still stunning. Between Winifred and Rowena, you could have two Winnies on your hands!
    Rosamund Eve Arianrhod - I like the feminine strength of this one- the Virgin Mary, Eve, and Arianrhod - three powerful women in one name! Rosamund is heavenly.
    Gwendolen Aria June - Mellifluous and elegant. The softest of your options. I think you could still call her Roo as a pet-name.

NOT AS MUCH:
    Rowena June Ariadne - There's something dark about Ariadne to me - labyrinths and snakes and spiderwebs.
    Rowena June Arianne - Arianne on the other hand doesn't have enough bite for me. Vaguely liquid, carrying no particular image.
    Arianrhod Rosalia June - Prefer Rowena in the middle here. Rosalia is lovely, but slightly Spanish in flavor, whereas Rowena is more in keeping with the rest of the name - rowan trees and the moon in june...
    Ruxandra Arianrhod June - I love Ruxandra but it is a bit intense next to Arianrhod.

I love Rosamund Eve Arianrhod! Best wishes to you and little Roo
    Alice, Cecilia, Cora, Eve, Georgia, Iris, Johanna, Phoebe, Rose, Sylvie, Tess, Violet
    Calvin, Dexter, Felix, Graham, Hugo, Leo, Louis, Miles, Oscar, Paul, Simon, Walter