Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Eleanor and Hazel have that image for me.
    Isabeau could get you Boo.

I love Lavender. Could you consider putting her given name in the middle spot? That way she retains a part of who she's been and you get to call her something more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    I've thought about something Rue/Roo for the "boo" connection. Any suggestions besides Ruby? I couldn't think of anything!
    The only one I can think of is Ruchama/Ruhama, which has a pretty meaning ("comfort") but a rather heavy sound and isn't well-known enough to be easy to use. I think of it as MN material. I like Rue a lot so if you find another, pass it along!

I mean I guess there's Rubina but... I don't like Rubina.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    The only one I can think of is Ruchama/Ruhama, which has a pretty meaning ("comfort") but a rather heavy sound and isn't well-known enough to be easy to use. I think of it as MN material. I like Rue a lot so if you find another, pass it along!

I mean I guess there's Rubina but... I don't like Rubina.

Ruhamah is a beautiful name. It means "one who was spared, who received mercy" but has the connotation of a lone survivor of a disaster. Here is a Hebrew website:

Ruhamah (Ruhama, Ruchama) | Feelings and Personal Traits | Hebrew Names | Learn Hebrew with eTeacher
    If you like the nn Rue I think this is perfect. You can't beat the meaning and it's a biblical name a well.

My favourite are Lavender June and Elsbeth Octavia.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias