Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Eleanor and Hazel have that image for me.
    Isabeau could get you Boo.

I love Lavender. Could you consider putting her given name in the middle spot? That way she retains a part of who she's been and you get to call her something more suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmonaut View Post
    I've thought about something Rue/Roo for the "boo" connection. Any suggestions besides Ruby? I couldn't think of anything!
    The only one I can think of is Ruchama/Ruhama, which has a pretty meaning ("comfort") but a rather heavy sound and isn't well-known enough to be easy to use. I think of it as MN material. I like Rue a lot so if you find another, pass it along!

I mean I guess there's Rubina but... I don't like Rubina.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    The only one I can think of is Ruchama/Ruhama, which has a pretty meaning ("comfort") but a rather heavy sound and isn't well-known enough to be easy to use. I think of it as MN material. I like Rue a lot so if you find another, pass it along!

I mean I guess there's Rubina but... I don't like Rubina.

Ruhamah is a beautiful name. It means "one who was spared, who received mercy" but has the connotation of a lone survivor of a disaster. Here is a Hebrew website:

Ruhamah (Ruhama, Ruchama) | Feelings and Personal Traits | Hebrew Names | Learn Hebrew with eTeacher
    If you like the nn Rue I think this is perfect. You can't beat the meaning and it's a biblical name a well.

My favourite are Lavender June and Elsbeth Octavia.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion