Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    So I'm a mummy of 2 and very early stages with baby #3. I'm torn on this one. Now having number 3 my view is very different to when I was prefer with #1. So I will remember to nearly 4 years ago when I popped out my daughter
    I reckon he has to go it alone, stay home or let you be totally flexible when the baby comes. That first 6-8 weeks of motherhood is hard. Despite what everyone says, you really have no idea how your life changes and every first time mothers experience is totally different. I had an emergency c-sec with my first and there was no way I was going far for about 1 month. But I was blessed with a baby that slept, ate and pooed through her first 3 months of life. So if I had chosen to go away she would have been a dream. But not all babies are like that! At all! My son was similar. I sometimes forgot I had another one he was so quiet. Of course.....when they finally wake up after that 3 month mark....well, it's a totally different story!
    Now after two.....I accept that other people's lives don't stop cause you have a baby, that there are germs everywhere(!) so there's no point in being too much of a germ phobe (shopping trolleys are actually the most germy thing out there!) and my kids have a brilliant immunity as I didn't cotton wool them too much.
    But all of this is after having 2 kids. You need to be a little gentle on yourself being a first time mum (or mom ). You will not know how it will be for you till that bub comes into the world. Yes, everyone will say "oh all it does is sleep as a newborn". And that could be true. But they aren't you. Only you can make that call. Yeah, hubby can have input but I still think the final decision is up to you .
    Good luck!!!!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Oh and another add. If you go to Disneyland, I would assume that you would leave bub in the pram/stroller anyway. If you're concerned about contact with others, just have minimal contact with people (particularly those that you don't know) and encourage those that will have a lot of contact with her to get their whooping cough vaccine up to date.
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

I just wouldn't. You would be relying on everything going well, which is not guaranteed. Some unexpecteds for me with my first: 1) over 4 hours of pushing, quite a good tear that then healed incorrectly, and I had to have it fixed after 7 weeks. All very painful. 2) Baby had a wickedly hard time latching, which resulted in my milk not properly coming in, which resulted in many a meltdown. 3) A fun onset of PPD that I did not see coming in any way, about 3 weeks in that lasted several months. Not trying to freak you out, it's just that there are things you can't anticipate. I wanted to hold and snuggle that baby all the time because things were hard, and because I could, with only one child. Having to travel, have baby in and out of carriers, car seats and whatever else would have put me over the edge. All of the other things with baby's immunity, etc, are also huge. You only get to do the 'first baby' thing once, and I would just say, put yourself and that baby first. You are the one giving birth. If your DH goes, be sure you've got some help lined up for yourself, just in case, even if that's just to get a few meals in. Best of luck, whatever you decide. Trust your gut feeling on this one.

I can pretty much say that at two to three weeks after I had my first I was not ready at all to travel. Certainly not to someplace that was going to be packed full of strangers. I'm not a huge worrier about germs but like others have said little babies don't have the immunity or the vaccines yet. Even now with number 3 on the way (late December) we don't know if we will go on a week long trip to see a good friend and his family and that friend will be deploying for 2yrs. If you see family once or twice a year I would have to take a polite pass and stay home. It sounds miserable to me personally. Maybe he can go and you can skype a few times so you and the family still get to see and share the new baby but you get to be snug at home.

Let him go on his own. I'm sure he'll understand you might not feel up to it 2 weeks after giving birth. I'm sure his family will understand two. When I gave birth 3 months ago, my MIL got tickets for the circus. My son was only ten days old. Did I go? Heck no! DH took DD and met MIL at the venue... and the circus only lasted a few hours. I would't want to travel a long distance and stay at a hotel with a new born either.