Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    You should still ask the baby's pediatrician. Mine would have definitely said no way.

... this is going to make me sound really stupid (and I'm fine with that) but... how soon after birth do you take Baby to see pediatrician? Is it right away? I really know nothing about the chain of events after birth so I would love to hear about it! Baby Girl is (obv) our first so I don't know any pediatricians and haven't yet researched any in town so I guess I need to get on that. I would be THRILLED for a doctor to tell us NO! Thanks tangocamper!!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Honestly, it sounds terrible. I would definitely not be ready for travel at that stage. Heck, at 2-3 weeks postpartum, you are still in survival mode. It's all you can do to get through the day and be up half the night, trying to figure out how to breastfeed, how to get your particular model of baby to sleep, how to be a parenting couple, how to make the adjustments to your routine that a baby necessitates and how to do it all while being afraid to use the bathroom, in pain and utterly exhausted. Its difficult enough to do this at your own house. In a hotel, surrounded by the pressure of meeting that many people? No frickin' way.

And I'll just say, I had a pretty text-book labor and delivery, no extra complications, and a comparatively easy newborn, who actually beast fed and slept well, with no particular issues.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

@mei_mei: that's pretty much exactly what I'm worried about! Husband doesn't seem to be really registering it though. And LOL at your "how to get your particular model of baby"! Love how you phrased that! :-D
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Definitely don't go.

Travel with an infant is exhausting, and you will already be tired enough what with getting up to feed & change all night. Add to that walking around Disney all day with a tiny baby to worry about, pushing around a stroller or lugging a daiper bag- having to locate change tables, heat bottles or find places to breastfeed. Add to that, freakin' hormones... You think you're emotional while you're pregnant? Ain't NOTHIN compared to the month after delivery.
    Just be clear with your husband, that after you have the baby you want some time to recover (bodily and emotionally), to bond with him/her, to adjust to parenthood and all the changes. Betcha once that baby comes your hubs will agree with you that this parenting stuff is hard enough without adding extra stress. Your OBGYN or Family Doctor will totally back you up if your husband continues to nag you about going - they recommend not traveling with infants under 1 month unless it is absolutely necessary. Babies need a stable environment to adjust to life in the wild world. Once you & hubs both are on the same page, tell his mother (if she is the one pressuring you to go), together, that this year your priority is to take care of that baby and to get whatever rest you can (and make sure you really do actually rest), and that in the future you would be delighted to attend family functions & show off the little bean.

Also in response to some NBs saying baby carriers are safer cause they are less exposed to germs, I have had random strangers put their hands on my 1 month old's cheek WHILE she was strapped to me in her baby sling. People just don't think about the impact that a careless gesture like that could have.
    New username is @ truenature