Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    PS- I totally agree with @crunchymama. I wouldn't wait and leave everyone waiting with baited breath to see what 'final' decision you make. I think it would be best to go ahead and decide, and share your plans. I'm envisioning the phone calls now, "Oh, congratulations! We are so happy about Baby X! Did you make a decision about Disney World yet? Just be sure to let to us know when you do." Ewwwwwwww! I wouldn't want anything like that happening right after my first baby. Too much pressure on you and too many potential hurt feelings with hormones raging. Good luck!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

It's so unfortunate that this is happening while you're having your FIRST baby. If it was your second, your hubby wouldn't even be considering it. There is no way I could've shuffled around Disney World at 6 weeks PP, much less 2-3. Overexertion could cause some real problems in terms of PP bleeding and healing. Also, I was burning up all the time (you sweat a lot of the water weight off PP) and would cry at the drop of the hat (hormones are a fickle b****). Let's not even start with the whole host of possible breastfeeding obstacles that could require you to basically do nothing else for days on end.

On top of that, a 4.5 hour flight would've been out of the question for us. There are all of the disgusting "I'm dying of flu but going to visit my family anyway because that's what you do at Christmas" germs, but then there's the logistics. Since your DH is a pilot, I'm assuming he'd advocate following the FAA's suggestion of having baby in a carseat, and I can't imagine having a newborn in carseat for that long, even with breaks. You'd be constantly taking them in/out for feeding and changing. If he doesn't have an opinion about carseats on planes, have him check out the videos of what happens to a lap/sling baby in moderate turbulence. Then, if baby should contract something on the plane, you'd have to find a pediatrician in a strange city at Christmas.

I'm with the ladies who are suggesting that you make a decision now (or soon). Saving it until December is going to put a ton of pressure on you in a time where added pressure will be far from welcome.
    Last edited by tk.; July 19th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Welp, our discussion didn't go quite as I had hoped. Hubby had a perfectly reasonable response to every point I brought up! He couldn't care less about actually going into the Disney World park and actually going on rides, he really just wants to see and spend time with the family. So he's totally happy to stay inside with the baby. Also, we won't be staying in a hotel. His parents have apparently rented private "villa's" (whatever that means) and we would be staying in one of them (paid for by his parents). *SIGH*

He was very sweet about it and admitted there are a number of possibilities that we just can't predict that could totally void the trip - c-section, early or late baby, etc.. He just really wants to go if we get lucky and everything happens on schedule and smoothly. I couldn't find much of an argument to that. But I have to say, the whole thing just leaves a real pit of nerves in my stomach. It just feels like a bad idea. And I'm totally NOT the kind of person to just leave something big like that up in the air, and wait until the last minute to decide, but I really don't have much other choice with this. So I guess it's a big game of wait-and-see now. Ohhhhh fun!

Thanks again for all the advice! We sat down Saturday night and I read all of the responses to him and we talked about them - he was very receptive when I was really expecting a big argument. Stupid boys and their non-hormones! ;-)
    Last edited by cvdutch31; July 21st, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I hope that everything works out for you but if you still feel uncomfortable I would discuss with both your doctor and the baby's doctor to make sure they are all in agreement and you are aware of all the risks and scenarios, not just that your husband had a good answer for everything already brought up. I think it was mentioned before but is your husband truly aware of everything that is going to happen once you have the baby? I just think, especially this being your first one, that with everything that is going on that is the last thing you are going to want to do even with a private villa (for me it is more about the traveling aspect then once you are there). I just hope you get veto powers for this trip when you wait and see for ANY reason without your husband having any hurt feelings if it just doesn't feel right even if their is an answer to explain it away. You will be a bundle of emotions and you may just have a bad feeling about going. If his parents are willing to pay for the villa too, why not have them just spend that money to come see you guys for a few days at the beginning or end of the trip?

Hey all! I wanted to post a quick update for anyone who may still be interested in this ongoing saga in my life ;-)

So we went to the OB today for our 20 week check in, just to measure and talk. And like a bunch of you suggested (and I had thought too, honestly), I had a list of questions ready for her. Most were about labor and delivery and all that fun stuff - but the very last one was the big question about the Disney World trip. Husband was sitting right there next to me so he could hear it all.

She said go. Seriously. She said, "Oh go! You'll have a great time! People travel with week-old infants on planes all the time!" And then she left. I could have cried. I was so not expecting her to say that and I'm SO BUMMED. That was my ticket out!!!! D'OH!!!!!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!