Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks everyone!

Sarahmezz: it's definitely a toughie and I've been puzzling over it for a month now. Finally dawned on me this afternoon to post here on NB and see what kind of great ideas/suggestions I could get.

Beatrixolga: that is a very good point, he may completely change his mind once she's actually here and he's holding her and being wrapped around her perfect tiny little finger! I certainly hope so anyway :-D

ETA: Just wanted to point out that, like I said above, I have already given him the green light to go by himself! He just really doesn't seem interested in that at all. I know he wants me there and he wants us all together - and I think part of it is also that he wants to "show off" his first baby girl! Everyone will be in one spot for a change so it would be a really convenient time to meet everyone and show off the new baby... but then again, even that makes me nervous! All those germ-y people! Anyway, thanks again
    Last edited by cvdutch31; July 17th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I work at Disney World, and believe me, the LAST place you want to be around christmas time is disney world! It is the most crowded time of the year, and the amount of people that are there that bring their sickness and unhygienic-ness to the parks and hotels, it's not worth bringing a new born baby! I understand that he wants to see his family, but I'm sure they'll understand if you don't go. I also don't think it's a last minute decision kind of thing. Plane tickets get more expensive the closer you book them, and around that time of year flying in to Orlando is no fun!
    What about inviting his family to you before or after their trip?

@chelsz26: ooooooh, thanks for the first-hand Disney info, I've never been that time of year. Sounds awful with a newborn!!! You reminded me of one other thing I forgot to mention too, I can't work the expensive-plane-ticket angle either. Hubby is a pilot for a commercial airline so we fly free. Normally an awesome thing but this time it's just another factor working against me. Haha!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

My friend took her month old baby on a ten hour road trip to see family and said it was actually not a bad thing with timing/baby's young age since she slept so much anyway. BUT that was a car ride, not a plane, and she was going to stay at a house not a big crowded hotel. Disney with such a young baby does seem like an unhealthy/unhygienic idea and that'd be my concern.
    If he's so strongly for going, what are your options for refundable plane tickets? Not sure if you can pay extra for the option to cancel or change the dates. You'd have to consider the hotel reservation as well...
    (eta didn't read about him being a pilot... But there is the expensive hotel still...)
    I'd give him the option of going by himself but it'd be too soon, too stressful and not a good idea for the baby to be in such a densely crowded public place.

What does your obstetrician (or pediatrician if you've met one yet /ask when you do) say about the trip? You could use that angle that your health professional doesn't recommend it....
    Last edited by anotherkate; July 17th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

A couple of things
    1. Even if you don't have a c-section, you still will likely be healing "down there" and do you really want to be traipsing around Disney world not only wiping your baby's bottom, but dabbing your own with witch hazel every time you use the bathroom. Awkward/gross plane bathroom moment! Oh and good luck changing baby sanitarily there.

2) if you are breastfeeding your baby will start building immunity from your breast milk. However at that early, the immunity is just starting to build. Your child won't yet be immunized against the really horrible diseases that are very life threatening at that early stage. With that many people and those many germs in such proximity that really isn't safe for your baby. I'm not a super germ-aphobe, but that is definitely a limit that even I would be worried about reaching.
    Mother of Gabriel Christian and Emrys Atticus.

The ones that got away:
    Felicity, Anne, Iantha, Penelope, Elowen
    Walter, Sebastian, Edmund, Arthur, Fredrick