Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How many nicknames is too many?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 is too many

5 11.90%
  • 3 is too many

14 33.33%
  • 3 or more is fine, if they all sound similar

6 14.29%
  • the sky's the limit, never call her the same thing twice!

17 40.48%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    My full name is Katherine and I love having lots of nicknames! I'm not fond of my name Katherine so I go by Katie and sometimes Kate. When I was younger my parents would call me Kat or Kitty. If you choose a name that has many nicknames it will be great for child because, if they don't like their real name they have plenty of other options.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

My daughter has many nicknames, despite her not that nicknamable name! I didn't plan for any of them, and I love them all! My mom calls her one thing, my husband another, my in-laws call her the Russian variant of her name, and I often call her the unrelated nn Minnie! She responds to them all!

My daughter is named Anneliese Gillian. While she is "officially" called Anneliese, it doesn't stop anywhere close to there. Liese and Liesey are very common (my dad calls her Weisie for some reason). I almost never call her anything to do with her first name when I actually talk to her -- It's Gillian, Gillie, Gill, or just G. As a baby, we began to call her Piper (long story), which morphed to Piper Maru (yes from the X-Files). Sometimes I wish that Piper was part of her legal name! So Piper, Pipes, Pipe, Pippi, Piper Maru, and Piper Maruni all get thrown around frequently.

Add that to the fact that she went through a period at age 3-4 where she wanted to be called other things, and had a whole system (it's raining and it's still daylight, so my name is now Anna-Ann vs. it's nighttime and nice weather so I am Gillie-Bean). Sometimes it had nothing to do with her real name, like if she was wearing a dress and it wasn't raining her name was Daisy. She had times where she was Ashley, and she was Sarah anytime we went to the doctor (because Sarah already had all her shots!).

Throw in all the cutesy family nicks like Starbuck, Sneezle, Schmoo-Baby, BG (short for Baby Girl), The Child, etc. and my child has a LOT of names. My husband used to send her postcards from overseas addressed lots of different ways, and I'd just hold on to it until that was her name again. LOL

All of our friends are pretty used to it. We love her variety and have fun with it. Oddly enough, part of the reason we picked Anneliese is because we could call her Anna for short if we wanted to, never dreaming about any of the other nicknames. After she was born we have never called her Anna or any other Ann based nickname, unless it was part of her system and she refused to answer (my child, by the way, is a nut!!).