Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alliteration

Question Alliteration

I generally don't have a problem with alliteration (as long as the names don't sound weird together). But do you think it would be too much to have a first and last name starting with "H"? My last name starts with a "H", but doesn't sound anything like the 1 or 2 "H" names I would use (there are no repeating sounds). Last names are not even used most of the time. So what do you think? Is it fine? I know some people tend to avoid alliteration at all costs...

No, don't its weird at all. There's lots of people who have the same initial for the first and last names. I think as long as it doesn't sound familiar or is isn't something like Philip Philips (yes...I know hes a real person) or Adam Adamson...then its fine.

I usually don't mind alliteration, but my married last name starts with an F. When I sound out the F names I like with my last name, it's just too much. So, I have avoided all F names and it makes me kind of sad!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

I think a Henry Hayes would be fine. I think a Harold Harrison would be horrifying. I think a Holden Hereford would be fine. I think a Herman Hemming would be icky. Not sure how to explain the difference. I guess if the vowel sounds are too similar? Then it's awful. If they are different, it works fine.

I don't think it's weird. It would depend on the name.

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally