Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love the sound of it but am not a fan of city/country names (with the exception of Florence). I don't think it is offensive, but I'm not Indian, so perhaps my opinion isn't one you'd actually need to be concerned about. Also, I don't immediately think of colonialism when I imagine a Brit with a child called India. Hope this helps

I think it is lovely, I can see her sisters being named Cosima, Hermione and Arabella.
    Psalm 23

I love it and I especially like the nn Indy. So cute

And yeah, you may find old threads on NB where a few Americans have had issues with India, but being a Brit you'll know no one has issues with it here.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    If an Indian Nameberry sees this and actually does find India offensive i would like to know, so PM me or respond in-thread. So far all I've seen are non-Indians trying to dictate what is and isn't offensive to someone else and why.
    I'm not Indian, but there is an India thread where a berry called jyoti, who says that he/she is of Indian origin, is offended by the usage of the name.

India - Should it be used?
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Quote Originally Posted by ameliawilliams View Post
    If an Indian Nameberry sees this and actually does find India offensive i would like to know, so PM me or respond in-thread. So far all I've seen are non-Indians trying to dictate what is and isn't offensive to someone else and why.
    Yes me too! I'd actually like to hear from anyone outside N. America who finds it offensive. I haven't seen any on NB so far. Also, is your friend American? Interesting to hear about an Indian American who finds it mystifying. I asked my Brit. Indian friend a few months back and he laughed out loud and said something rather rude