Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Opinions on India

Hi,
    What do you think of India?
    I love it! You might be thinking oh God, a Brit liking the name India! But for me it's not like that, I love the name India because of a little girl called India that I used to read to. She wa so adorable!
    Anyway, I love this name, but what do you think?
    Thanks
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖16 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Sybil, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

It's a pretty name, but I personally think it's a little silly to use the name unless you have any sort of connection to the country or heritage considering that's the first thing anyone will think of when they hear the name.

It's pretty, but I prefer Indiana. Also, there's just too much controversy surrounding this name.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

Brutal honesty: i adore the name India and will probably use it one day.

Everyone here on nameberry talks about how offensive it is as a name...and then one day i realized that none of the people talking about how offensive it is are Indian. So i asked an Indian friend of mine who was mystified as to why it would be offensive. And it might just be me, but a white person being all "that's offensive to an entire ethnicity i don't belong to because i say so" is what's actually offensive...

If an Indian Nameberry sees this and actually does find India offensive i would like to know, so PM me or respond in-thread. So far all I've seen are non-Indians trying to dictate what is and isn't offensive to someone else and why.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Search for threads about this name. We don't need any more. Everything that could be said already has been.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.