Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Sybbie and also like Billie! I find Sybil a bit too short and harsh sounding, but love Sybilla and Sybella - they sound more feminine and modern to me!

I went to school with a Sibyl and always thought it was an awful, ugly name! It grew on me slightly after watching Downton Abbey, but I still don't really like it.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I adore Sybil so much. Seeing Downton Abbey definitely changed my opinion. She was my favourite character. I just think it's such a sweet name. I'm not a fan of Sybil Hannah but only because of a girl I went to school with named Hannah. I like Hana though but it doesn't look good with Sybil.
    Girls:

Celia Odette ~ Georgiana Adele ~ Cosette Rosaline ~ Luna Mirabelle ~ Molly Josephine ~ Alora Juliette ~ Belle Seraphina ~ Katia Rose ~ Elizabeth Lucy ~ Gisela Bay

Boys:

Henry Carlisle ~ Cedric Alexander ~ Oliver Vincent ~ Arthur Kingsley ~ Caspian North ~ Ashley Pierce ~ Oisín Elliot ~ Peter Edmund ~ Spencer Bennet ~ Fionn Emmett

Quote Originally Posted by tawnysaurus View Post
    I'm 33 and I'm haunted by that movie too (they rerun it a lot!). Kind of a shame, because I loved the Downton character
    This film character and her multiple personalities was a sham. The fraud was discussed in the book "Sybil Exposed" by Debbie Nathan which was published in 2011. I think Sybil is a wonderful name with a mythological pedigree and vintage charm. I love the name Hannah but the "l" in Sybil runs into Hannah.
    All the best,
    Mischa.