Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love Sybbie and also like Billie! I find Sybil a bit too short and harsh sounding, but love Sybilla and Sybella - they sound more feminine and modern to me!

I went to school with a Sibyl and always thought it was an awful, ugly name! It grew on me slightly after watching Downton Abbey, but I still don't really like it.
    First baby due June 20, 2016

Audrey - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I adore Sybil so much. Seeing Downton Abbey definitely changed my opinion. She was my favourite character. I just think it's such a sweet name. I'm not a fan of Sybil Hannah but only because of a girl I went to school with named Hannah. I like Hana though but it doesn't look good with Sybil.

Celia Odette ~ Georgiana Adele ~ Cosette Rosaline ~ Luna Mirabelle ~ Molly Josephine ~ Alora Juliette ~ Belle Seraphina ~ Katia Rose ~ Elizabeth Lucy ~ Gisela Bay

Henry Carlisle ~ Cedric Alexander ~ Oliver Vincent ~ Arthur Kingsley ~ Caspian North ~ Ashley Pierce ~ Oisín Elliot ~ Peter Edmund ~ Spencer Bennet ~ Fionn Emmett

Name is OK, but prefer more frillier Sybilla.
    Cecily Beatrice, Charlotte Helena, Aurora Valkyrie, Rosalyn Amoret, Melody Seraphina, Flora Rosamund

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Magnus Roland, Thorin Gaspar, Percy Beowulf, Erik Wesley, Tristan Emil

Quote Originally Posted by tawnysaurus View Post
    I'm 33 and I'm haunted by that movie too (they rerun it a lot!). Kind of a shame, because I loved the Downton character
    This film character and her multiple personalities was a sham. The fraud was discussed in the book "Sybil Exposed" by Debbie Nathan which was published in 2011. I think Sybil is a wonderful name with a mythological pedigree and vintage charm. I love the name Hannah but the "l" in Sybil runs into Hannah.
    All the best,