Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Michelle

I think it's beautiful and really don't care if people think its "dated"! I like that it would be a little unexpected now, but not because it's ugly by current standards (like Gertrude, for example). Michelle is sweet, fresh, and breezy to me.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone!! I think you all are right. A bit too dated right now but might MAYBE make a comeback later. I do like the suggestion of Misha for a bit of a twist.

I love it! it reminds me of the beatles song! I especially love it pronounce MEE-shell. I've always had a soft spot for that name.
    Blythe - Adrienne - Liv - Cosima - Alexa - Clara - Sabine - Clover - Cecilia - Mabel

Mads - Brook - Gilbert - Sam - Iggy - Ned

Dated, but useable. I like the nickname Mischa for Michelle. That makes it seem fresh, especially if baby Michelle was named after someone, and regularly goes by a nickname. Still, Michelle is by no means a bad name, it sounds nice in French, and any Michelle born in this era will likely get to be the only one in her class (but will fit right in with Isabelles and Gabrielles). If you love it, use it!
    ElizabethAlessandraBronwenDylanJamesSilasJoseph

It is a bit dated (as the Michelle's I have come across have usually been in their late 20s to like their mid 40s) but even so...I love it as well. I don't think there would be any harm in naming your kid Michelle.