Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I also just saw this, which was posted this year for black history month:

Black History Baby Names: Unusual names of Civil Rights heroes – Baby Name Blog - Nameberry

I love Evers!

My daughter is named after Bayard Rustin (gay African American activist in the 60s/70s) and we are considering Marguerite for another girl, which was Maya Angelou's given name.
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I like Selma as a name. It's pretty subtle, referencing the marches from Selma to Montgomery. But at the same time, the city has a powerful historic tie to the Civil Rights movement. I also second Emmett. It's a nice, fairly popular name, but the Civil Rights tie is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by lizgingermitch View Post
    I like Selma as a name. It's pretty subtle, referencing the marches from Selma to Montgomery. But at the same time, the city has a powerful historic tie to the Civil Rights movement. I also second Emmett. It's a nice, fairly popular name, but the Civil Rights tie is significant.
    I liked Emmett, as well, but the fiance vetoed it. I'm not sure about Selma, but Montgomery has a strange appeal...and gives me an idea about also looking at important places as names.