• Finley Jack

18 38.30%
  • Oliver Thomas

26 55.32%
  • Liam

3 6.38%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top Three! Brother For Jem

I am so excited! After suggesting some new names, we put some old names on the table, and now have a top 3 for our boys names. Big brother is Jameson Michael 'Jem'. If it's a girl, she will be Cora Louise. And if it's a boy, it will be either...

1. Finley Jack
    2. Oliver Thomas
    3. Liam

Still need a middle name for Mr. Liam. Since it is really popular I'd like maybe a more obscure middle name. Either one of DH's loves (Tiberius, Octavius, Maverick, Merrick, or the like) or a literary name like Tennyson, Hawthorne, Finch etc.

Which is your favorite? If it's Liam, what should his middle name be?
    Mama To A Lovely Little Bear
    3/14

Number Two In The Works

Little Ladies
    Cora Louise • Scarlett Louise

Little Gents
    Liam Thomas • Oliver Thomas

I like Finley Jack (though I prefer the spelling Findlay) or Liam Maverick the most.
    Studying Natural Science at the University of Alaska to eventually pursue a career in ecology.
    Learning about the Earth is great! But one thing I want even more than that is to be a mom. <3

And yes... I LOVE Earthy, Science-y and unique names!

No babies yet....emphasis on "yet"

Oliver!!! (By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I love your names? Oliver is my number one for boys and Cora/Nora are my number ones for girls. I guess you have good taste. ) As much as I love Liam, it sounds pretty similar to Jem, especiallyyy when you're calling for them, so that's something to think about... Although, Liam Hawthorne or Liam Atticus (literary AND Roman sounding like Husband's picks) or Liam Arthur (as in Arthur Conan Doyle) or Liam Augustus have a nice ring to them. Finley Jack is a really cool name. Period. I just think that it loses that classic vintageyness that Jem/Jameson have. It sorta makes me think more along the lines of a guy in Sperry's and Vineyard Vines who summers in Newport, Rhode Island or something. And Oliver... Well, Oliver is just perfect in every way possible, obviously.

Are you leaning more towards one over another?

Awe thanks!!! @lightsea

Looks like it's a tie between Oliver and Finley!! How will we ever choose?!

Oliver feels more classic, but also feels a little lacking next to Jameson. Jameson to me feels classic with a modern/trendy twist, and Finley also has that for me. But I worry it may be too unisex these days and TOO trendy. Though DH prefers Oliver right now.
    Mama To A Lovely Little Bear
    3/14

Number Two In The Works

Little Ladies
    Cora Louise • Scarlett Louise

Little Gents
    Liam Thomas • Oliver Thomas

I like Jameson and Oliver. I like Oliver with Cora too.
    Emily // Nineteen // American

Not loving names at the moment.