Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    LOVE Caspar/Gaspar, and I like the idea of Melchior as a middle. I'm just curious, is Balthasar/Balthazar also a saint? I'm Christian but not Catholic, and was intrigued by the fact that two of the three Magi (Caspar and Melchior) are also saints. I would assume, then, that Balthasar is as well?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    LOVE Caspar/Gaspar, and I like the idea of Melchior as a middle. I'm just curious, is Balthasar/Balthazar also a saint? I'm Christian but not Catholic, and was intrigued by the fact that two of the three Magi (Caspar and Melchior) are also saints. I would assume, then, that Balthasar is as well?
    The three wise men in the Bible are considered saints in the Catholic Church. For some unknown reason, Balthasar isn't included in the book. I guess the author couldn't include every saint.

There is also a Bl. Balthasar de Torres (he's called Bl. or Blessed because he's just been beatified (eg. not a canonized saint). Two miracles attributed to a particular saint's intercession are usually needed for sainthood to be declared.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Yes, all of the Three Wise Men are Saints. And goodness they had wonderful names : ) (Melchior is in my signature)

@ Mischa - I didn't know there was a Bl. Balthasar! I'll have to look him up.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli John Ishmael

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Saskia-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Nicolai-Mackie-Scully

Thank you so much for sharing this! I really like Saint names and there are a lot of great options. Aldemar, Casimir, Edgar, Leger, Melchior, Nestor, Piotr, Prosper, Roger, Sylvester and Vladimir are all useful and very handsome. I haven't met anybody with those name except for Piotr and Vladimir. What a wonderful list!

I think these are all wearable, albeit at differing degrees of 'wearability'.

Casimir
    Caspar
    Castor
    Edgar
    Elgar
    Elsiar
    Elzear
    Helier
    Major
    Melchior
    Nestor
    Piotr
    Prior
    Prosper
    Senator
    Sylvester
    Victor
    Vigor
    Walter

I know a Piotr, he has Polish heritage.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~